My neck doesn't sit flush with the pocket. I know that if the joint is tight, my sustain will increase. I can't carve wood away to make the joint tight without changing the scale length. Is there anything I can do to help with this guitar's sustain? I'd assume using some sort of low foaming PU glue(Gorilla glue, Sumo, etc.) would work at least a little but I want to make sure it'll help before I try anything. It's not a high end guitar but it's the main one I play right now so it would be nice to not have to use it for an experiment of this sort.

These are the best I get right now. I'd be happy to take better ones if it would help any but it'll take me a while.

The perimeter of each gap is roughly 55-60mms.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Jun 28, 2010,
Pictures would help a lot man.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
You could use wood filler and then sand it down for a even tighter fit.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by metalwarrior40
Pictures would help a lot man.

I don't know why I didn't think about that. Updated original post.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Honestly that's not worth fixing. Any wood/filler/etc would not make a big enough impact to make any noticeable changes. I thought you were saying the bottom of the pocket wasn't flush, that would be a problem.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
It just looks like you have a round-heel neck in a square pocket. A lot of people do that (strat neck in a tele body) and don't mess with any filler.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by metalwarrior40
Honestly that's not worth fixing. Any wood/filler/etc would not make a big enough impact to make any noticeable changes. I thought you were saying the bottom of the pocket wasn't flush, that would be a problem.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Thanks guys.
any kind of filler wouldn't help that much. that foaming glue won't help any because it's not near as hard as wood, same with anything else. and that foaming glue stuff just looks horrible. we used some of that back when me and my dad built a pireaux (a type of small flat-bottom canoe) and it was a mess, never using that shiit again.