I'm a couple of days away from finally getting an Electra-Dyne long combo and I have heard that some of the newer Mesas are rackmountable. Are all of the Electra-Dynes the same chassis size? I know you can put some of them into Lonestar cabinets but I've also heard that the Electra-Dyne combo won't fit the Electra-Dyne head cabinet. I'm interested in this because I'm also getting an Axe-FX sometime soon and would like to combine them in a single rack to use the Electra-Dyne's Simul-class Poweramp for the Axe-FX. Thanks.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

I haven't heard anything about Mesa guitar amplifiers being rackmountable - particularly the Electradyne. Here's the manual for it. I don't see anything about an ability to rackmount this thing:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/electraDyne_091007.pdf

Of course, a lot of Mesa amps (like their bass amps) have always been rackmountable, so you never know.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Oh awesome thanks for the manual, I didn't think about that. I'll search though it and see what I find. If this is infact true, that's pretty awesome because I was worried I'd have to get a seperate poweramp.

EDIT: Listed in the specs for the amp on Guitarcenter.com

"[17" Aluminum Chassis (rack-mountable option available)]"

Awesome looks like it is.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727

Last edited by PerpetualBurn at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by PerpetualBurn
Oh awesome thanks for the manual, I didn't think about that. I'll search though it and see what I find. If this is infact true, that's pretty awesome because I was worried I'd have to get a seperate poweramp.

EDIT: Listed in the specs for the amp on Guitarcenter.com

"[17" Aluminum Chassis (rack-mountable option available)]"

Awesome looks like it is.

Korn used a rackmounted 2 channel dual recto and line 6 vetta at woodstock 99' but it was probably a custom made rack
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Korn used a rackmounted 2 channel dual recto and line 6 vetta at woodstock 99' but it was probably a custom made rack

They used to make rackmount Rectos (Racktifiers) and their Short heads (Mark series) are too.
According to Mesas site, they are rackmountable, they have 17" chassis, racks are typically 19".
You can essentially rackmount any amp head essentially by using one of these.....

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6059/photo200.jpg

This is my setup and as you can see I have my Amp on a shelf in the bottom protected by high density foam and my rackmount stuff above it, plus i get a draw thats pretty useful.

So I wouldn't worry about it as when it comes to getting your ATA Flight case for your rack setup you could simply get a case like that made.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Last edited by Talentless at Jun 29, 2010,
Wow dude that's a nice setup. I might do that with a Head unit I get.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727