hey

I am looking for a good distortion pedal, I don`t own any pedal and don`t know much about them, less than 100$ couldn`t hurt either.
Breakin` the Law!
What kind of distortion do you wan't?
What kind of bands do you listen to?
What kind of music do you play?
Would you buy used?
What amp do you have?

I assume that you play reggae influence SOAD.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
What gear do u have at the moment?

well I have a strat and a cheap amp :/ thats about it for the moment
Breakin` the Law!
What's the cheap amp? What music do you play? Is the Strat SSS or HSS?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by FuzzLove
What kind of distortion do you wan't?
What kind of bands do you listen to?
What kind of music do you play?
Would you buy used?
What amp do you have?

I assume that you play reggae influence SOAD.

yes I like SOAD and mostly metal and blues

well I want a good metal distortion
I listen everything from reggae to metal
I play mostly metal and blues
well no
a cheap amp
Breakin` the Law!
How cheap?
Is it really bad?
Because if it is, it dosn't matter what distortion pedal you buy, it's gonna sound like crap.

You should save for a new amp before you do anything else.

If you really really need to have some distortion just for practicing and you won't be able to save for an amp any time soon, I would recommend buying a very cheap Danelectro or Behringer distortion pedal, just to get that sound without wasting any money whilst you save for your amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Everyone's going to tell you to save up for a new amp. Including me. That said, if you absolutely can't live without running a distortion pedal through a cheap amp that will make it sound like crap anyway, I recommend an MXR Distortion III. It's pretty versatile and comes at a good price point. You should be able to carry it over to whatever amp you upgrade to.

EDIT: IGNORE THE MXR PLUG. Danelectro's distortions are actually OK and they'll run you less than 30 bucks.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FuzzLove
How cheap?
Is it really bad?
Because if it is, it dosn't matter what distortion pedal you buy, it's gonna sound like crap.

You should save for a new amp before you do anything else.

If you really really need to have some distortion just for practicing and you won't be able to save for an amp any time soon, I would recommend buying a very cheap Danelectro or Behringer distortion pedal, just to get that sound without wasting any money whilst you save for your amp.

well in my opinion having played good amps(some marshalls and stuff) it sounds pretty decent for its price
Breakin` the Law!
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Everyone's going to tell you to save up for a new amp. Including me. That said, if you absolutely can't live without running a distortion pedal through a cheap amp that will make it sound like crap anyway, I recommend an MXR Distortion III. It's pretty versatile and comes at a good price point. You should be able to carry it over to whatever amp you upgrade to.

EDIT: IGNORE THE MXR PLUG. Danelectro's distortions are actually OK and they'll run you less than 30 bucks.

I was thinking more of a BOSS DS-1 is this one any good if I upgrade to better amp?
Its got a good afordable price too like 30 bucks or so.
Breakin` the Law!
Quote by mmolteratx
What's the cheap amp? What music do you play? Is the Strat SSS or HSS?

A jay turser amp, all but mostly metal and blues, HSS
Breakin` the Law!
If you can get one for 30 bucks, go for it.

It's not a great pedal, I don't like it at all personally, some people do though.
I use a BOSS SD-1 and it gets the right sound i need, you can adjust the drive, tone, and level to find what you need, and it's never let me down so far

My buddy uses the DS-1 and likes that one.

BOSS is pretty damn good, for me at least, they're my go-to for effects, and as far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong there
Quote by rasta_mon
I was thinking more of a BOSS DS-1 is this one any good if I upgrade to better amp?
Its got a good afordable price too like 30 bucks or so.

OH GOD NO.

Stay the hell away from that pedal - it's one of the worst distortions I've ever heard.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.