12 17%
Don't get involved
44 61%
go case to case
13 18%
Only if the pit isn't involved
3 4%
Voters: 72.
perused this article for a few minutes today...http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/style/28bully.html

Do you guys think schools should get involved for the sake of the kid who is being bullied? Or do you think that they should keep in school matters in school matters and let everything outside get dealt with some other way?

This includes texting email etc

It doesn't really matter a lot to me since I am no longer in the public school system, but it is a semi interesting case, so what do you guys think?

I say if it doesn't happen on school grounds probably shouldn't get involved, kids need to learn to fend for themselves also...
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jun 28, 2010,
Um, no? It's not school business. Besides, cyber bullying shouldn't even exist, there's ways to block people on everything nowadays.
I don't believe the school should be involved unless the bully is using school computers or it's happening is school hours. And even if it happens during those hours but both students aren't at school, I still don't think the school should get involved.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Jun 28, 2010,
They should only get involved if it takes place during school hours or on a school website.
Schools should not get involved with anything that is off of school grounds/property. I know people who have gotten in trouble at school for fighting with someone over the summer off school property. It is stupid.

They can stay out of it. If someone is being cyber-bullied they can easily block that person or report it to the police if it gets too bad.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Public schools get in student's private business too much as it is, leave things outside of school grounds to the authorities.
kids should toughen up. and honestly, only the dumb retard kids allow themselves to remain open to it...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Enough shit happens in school, no need to intervene in what happens at home.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I say we abolish the internet to prevent cyber bullying from happening.

But keep the pit.
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I say we abolish the internet to prevent cyber bullying from happening.

I second this. Men, ready your battle axes!
Not in school or on school time, not the school's problem.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Not the school's business what kids do outside of school. The parents should have contacted the offending kid's parents, if that failed the police.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
these parents deserve to be sat down and talked to.

Only way school could get involved is if it included "meet me here at this time at school" or had something to do with being at school, other than that they can't do anything.

And why don't the parents just go to the police about the kid. That's gonna hurt the kid more than a ****ing detention.
Fact: Unless they're getting bullied on school grounds, the school can't have anything to do with it. Now if it's a young child and a teacher were to get involved and maybe talk to the other kid that's fine, but they can't be punished.
Dickless.
Quote by seemeel
kids should toughen up. and honestly, only the dumb retard kids allow themselves to remain open to it...

So not true. Even the kids with the toughest exterior or toughest mind set can be brought down by someones words or actions.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I think people should grow a pair instead. These "victims" should be punished for being total cowards.
Quote by AzureNight
I think people should grow a pair instead. These "victims" should be punished for being total cowards.

Maybe it's the other way around.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by Twist of fate
Lol poll looks like an amputee giving the finger.

I made a public statement about someone on facebook when I was in my last year of high school and I was charged with defamation. I now have official warnings on my criminal record for defamation and intimidation.
Its not hard to block people. Honestly most of the people I know that have been 'cyberbullied' have walked into it themselves...
Quote by UntilISleep
Um, no? It's not school business. Besides, cyber bullying shouldn't even exist, there's ways to block people on everything nowadays.

Cyberbullying dosn't exist unless you wnat it to. It's only bad when it takes place in real life, You can call me any name you like on the internet, i don't care. If people beat me up in real life because of it THEN it's a problem. The internet words do not hurt me i'm afraid.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
If the cyber bullying is done using school equipment or on school grounds. Otherwise, no.

This. Schools shouldn't have any jurisdiction outside of school property.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
This is so damn stupid.

How do you even let cyber bullying happen? How in the fuck do you let an IM or some shit affect you so much? Just turn off the fucking computer and suck it up.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jun 29, 2010,
You realise we're talking about kids here? I'm glad you were all completely reasonable when you were 12. I'm sure you were all able to read and write fluently when you were born too...
Not a huge fan of bees
yes. when you divvy up a kid's schedule they spend far more time at school than home. in addition to the fact that there are lots of parents working ... someone has to be in charge of these kids. i'm not saying it's the school's job to raise kids exactly ... but there's nothing wrong with the school looking into these cases.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
yes. when you divvy up a kid's schedule they spend far more time at school than home. in addition to the fact that there are lots of parents working ... someone has to be in charge of these kids. i'm not saying it's the school's job to raise kids exactly ... but there's nothing wrong with the school looking into these cases.

They usually just contact the parents anyway.
This cyber bullying stuff is so stupid, I don't see why schools should punish students for it.
Say for instance, I got caught on the weekend smoking weed and being drunk in public my school wouldn't do anything for it.
But if I called someone a stupid ***** or something I would get suspended and whatnot.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr