Hey guys. So i'm looking at potential next guitars, and I came across the PRS SE Torero. Its got everything I want. Its a PRS so its made for a wide variety of genres, 24 frets, EMGs - but it also has a floyd rose system, which I'm kinda unsure about.

I switch in and out of standard and drop tunings alot, so I would prefer to have an easier way of dropping the low E. I know that with larger tuning changes, you need to actually adjust the tension on the springs to balance out the tension on the strings, but do you need to do that for drop D too? or is it enough to just unscrew the nut and tune down and leave the spring as is?
You need to adjust the spring tension with any change in tuning/string tension. If you change tunings often, don't get a guitar with a Floyd Rose (or do but have a second guitar ready so you can have one guitar in each tuning).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Woah! I did not know this. My thoughts on floyd rose have been changed entirely.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
you could always block the trem and it won't be a problem.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
you could always block the trem and it won't be a problem.

This or use a D-Tuna. http://www.dtuna.com/
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
I don't use a floyd but i use an edge iii, dont hate on it please. its actually rather good compared to the flac it gets... anyways, usually when i go from standard to drop d all i have to do is unscrew the nuts and drop the e string and maybe touch up the other strings that have gone slightly out of tune and there's no problem with the tension. it usually plays okay in either tuning without a spring adjustment. idk though. maybe it's just my trem system/ guitar.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
I second the D-Tuna solution. Ive got one on my charvel (if youre curious you can see photos of it in my profile section).

You'll need to block the floyd from "pull-ups" so that the D-Tuna only affects the one string, but its very simple to install, setup and use. It also makes a floyd rose that much more versatile.
Quote by swifty85

You'll need to block the floyd from "pull-ups" so that the D-Tuna only affects the one string,.
The problem with doing this is that if you're making the Floyd non-floating (i.e. blocking it so it can only dive) then there's not point getting another system to drop-tune the guitar, once the Floyd is no longer floating you can then manually tune it down with no problems. So really all the D-Tuna does is save you the six seconds it takes to tune the E string to D yourself, pretty pointless in my opinion.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Completely agree with what you say, however, consider playing in a live situation.

The ability to quite literally pull a piece of metal and hey presto, you're in drop D, is in my opinion desirable. Looks far more professional than trying to get to drop D using the fine tuner or, in cases where the fine tuner wont go far enough, unlocking and using the machine head.