So I recently came upon a lot of money out of sheer luck and mone is now no object.

I have been playing my strat pearl for quite a while but I cannot for the life of me find a technique to stop hitting those damn nobs and switches.

It gets distracting to always have to worry about hitting the pick up switch or hitting that damn volume pot.

A Tele on the other hand still has that great single coil sound and all the nobs and switches are safely out of harms way so my pick can roam free like a majestic gazelle running through the Savannah.

Do you guys think it is worth it to switch because of the aforementioned reasons?
Um, as a strat player for quite a few years now, I can truthfully say that i have NEVER had any issue with hitting the knobs or pickup selector. I think you should have a look at readjusting your technique. I wouldn't swap just because of this issue.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Not really. Apart from the fact that the two guitars sound and feel different so switching could open up more problems for you, you still won't stop hitting the controls anyway. I get annoyed with the placement of the pickup selector switch and the volume knob on Strats too, but on Teles my hand still hits the pickup selector switch anyway (especially when it is in the middle or neck position). Frankly they're both bloody stupid layouts and I can't understand why nobody has tried to market more convenient positioning yet.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Move the knobs, I did on my RG, just took out the tone and moved the volume to where it was. Although I will say that the Tele sounds amazing and plays even better.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by Excursions707
So I recently came upon a lot of money out of sheer luck and mone is now no object.

I have been playing my strat pearl for quite a while but I cannot for the life of me find a technique to stop hitting those damn nobs and switches.

It gets distracting to always have to worry about hitting the pick up switch or hitting that damn volume pot.

A Tele on the other hand still has that great single coil sound and all the nobs and switches are safely out of harms way so my pick can roam free like a majestic gazelle running through the Savannah.

Do you guys think it is worth it to switch because of the aforementioned reasons?

or you could try the godin passion series. similar to a strat but has one volume and tone and they are out of the way. so is the switch.
might be worth looking into a nashville tele if you're not a purist who can't stand a tele with more than 2 pickups. the only thing i didn't like about mine was the neck, but the guitar sounded and played great. i was a big fan of the control layout too! simple but perfect.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
if money is no object just buy an anderson or a suhr get the controls routed however you want.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
if money is no object just buy an anderson or a suhr get the controls routed however you want.

Sounds like a good idea. You could also get a middle pickup or have three strat pickups so your tone would remain pretty much the same.
'52 Tele Reissue is what id get. Thats a guitar iv wanted for some time. Go play one and I think you'll like it.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 29, 2010,
That's the reason I quit playing Fenders altogether. That, and the uninspiring sound, and string trees, and that misnamed pain-in-the-ass Strat tremolo... you can just tell that Leo Fender, for all his marketing and engineering genius, was not a guitarist.

I'll second the Godin suggestion. Much more sensible control layout, sounds great in their videos, and I've had only good experiences with their other products. Can't help but think that the lack of pickguard makes them look cheap, though.

Personally, I'm playing a Gretsch hollowbody now, and I think that could whoop any Fender's ass any day, but eh.
Quote by MrFlibble
Not really. Apart from the fact that the two guitars sound and feel different so switching could open up more problems for you, you still won't stop hitting the controls anyway. I get annoyed with the placement of the pickup selector switch and the volume knob on Strats too, but on Teles my hand still hits the pickup selector switch anyway (especially when it is in the middle or neck position). Frankly they're both bloody stupid layouts and I can't understand why nobody has tried to market more convenient positioning yet.

im the same way
i dont make a fist when i play and i always use my neck pickup i end up smashing my pinkie into the switch and it switches to the mid or bridge

and the damn tremolo arm! forget it!
strats are mean
ifmoney is no issue go to the EST workshop and design your own
or the Fender custom shop if you wanna stick to your strat
I know many people have similar problems with the pick up placement but I have never had this problem being a strat man myself. I can't for life of me tell you what the trick is but Strats work for me.
Quote by seemeel
Um, as a strat player for quite a few years now, I can truthfully say that i have NEVER had any issue with hitting the knobs or pickup selector. I think you should have a look at readjusting your technique. I wouldn't swap just because of this issue.

yeah i used to play one and i never had that problem either
after owning a Tele and two Strats, I personally like the Tele a lot better(but thats just for me). I find the tele to be a bitter heavier, but with a wider neck, the strings set farther apart than on a strat, and I find picking and fast/hard riffing to be much easier on the tele. I would almost compare it to the difference between a SG and a Les Paul(except for neck dissimilarities). But everyone is different
Quote by beckyjc
do it, strats r teh sux

teles can sound like strats anyways.

where's my favorite redhead been.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
ehh. I think i'm just gonna keep it. One little trick i found was too take off the little white thing on the pickup selector. Makes it a little harder to hit. I do like some of those teles with the three pickups though