Page 1 of 2
that people like you and me who just want to live our lives in peace free from war and corruption are subjected to governments putting innocent lives at risk. It's like the people in power think only they exist and they only care about prolonging their regime. I mean, just look at all of the bs that has been going on: more countries developing nukes (nukes are bad news bears), jobs going overseas so the corporations can make one more penny, and not to mention the rape of the Earth's environment.. It just seems like the whole world has gone to hell in a handbasket and nothing can be redeemed. I just gotta know if I'm alone with this feeling or not.
I propose we make a moon colony and only invite cool people like Ian Anderson and Ian Fleming to join us in our new perfect utopia.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
that people like you and me who just want to live our lives in peace free from war and corruption are subjected to governments putting innocent lives at risk. It's like the people in power think only they exist and they only care about prolonging their regime. I mean, just look at all of the bs that has been going on: more countries developing nukes (nukes are bad news bears), jobs going overseas so the corporations can make one more penny, and not to mention the rape of the Earth's environment.. It just seems like the whole world has gone to hell in a handbasket and nothing can be redeemed. I just gotta know if I'm alone with this feeling or not.
This is old news. War has been around for millennia now bud.

Seriously though, it does in fact suck.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
North Korea doesn't make me feel too good about my not going to war chances. A draft would seriously piss me off, do we have enough people to fight a war like that without one?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Andrew C. S.

Bad news bears?...
Corporations wanting to make money?

No offensive but this sounds like hippie shit.
I share your disillusionment, Andrew.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I propose we make a moon colony and only invite cool people like Ian Anderson and Ian Fleming to join us in our new perfect utopia.

My name is Ian, does that mean I get to come?
Future: Uncertain
End: Near

....aaand this is why we drink....
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Isn't Ian Fleming dead?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
If I was the leader of a country I would rule with an iron fist but I'm just an ordinary citizen so I'll bitch because I wasn't lucky enough to be granted all of that power.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by food1010
This is old news. War has been around for millennia now bud.

Seriously though, it does in fact suck.

This, and comparing our quality of life to people living before us things are pretty damn good right now. Although the fact that we could bomb the world to hell if we wanted to is a pretty unsettling thought.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Bad news bears?...
Corporations wanting to make money?

No offensive but this sounds like hippie shit.

If you think not wanting to be a pawn in a global gang war is "hippie shit", then you're on some serious meth.
Quote by Sociophobic
My name is Ian, does that mean I get to come?

No, the Ian quota has already been met.

Quote by DirtyMakik
Isn't Ian Fleming dead?

Only if you're gullible enough to believe what the media tells you.
yeah i know it sucks but what are you gunna do. cause the fact is, most of us wont do shit. i know im prolly not going to ive got my own problems to deal with.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by flame843
we should secede from the united states and start our own county. it's worked in the past.

For a few years, anyway. Then we came in and forced you to come back.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by dudetheman
....aaand this is why we drink....
Wait, didn't you just post in the DT about thinking you're becoming an alcoholic?
Join the Army and do something about it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I understand where you're coming from, TS. Unfortunately I don't see a way to fix things. The powers that be all over the world and the entities that have control aren't going to be budged by the likes of you and I. But maybe that's just me thinking that way, after all I'm just an eternal skeptic.
Quote by celticstorm84
I understand where you're coming from, TS. Unfortunately I don't see a way to fix things. The powers that be all over the world and the entities that have control aren't going to be budged by the likes of you and I. But maybe that's just me thinking that way, after all I'm just an eternal skeptic.

Nah man, I think that as well. And the only solution to these feelings of hopelessness (moving out of the U.S. before shit really hits the fan) is purely for my own well-being, not for my children who are, at any rate, going to have even more dreadful lives than I have today.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
Nah man, I think that as well. And the only solution to these feelings of hopelessness (moving out of the U.S. before shit really hits the fan) is purely for my own well-being, not for my children who are, at any rate, going to have even more dreadful lives than I have today.

We may be going through a bit of a rough patch but when was the world that much better than it is right now? As society advances new problems are bound to develop and so far humans have done a pretty good job of finding ways to deal with them if you ask me.
Quote by mattman93
North Korea doesn't make me feel too good about my not going to war chances. A draft would seriously piss me off, do we have enough people to fight a war like that without one?

Lol, taking on North Korea would be like taking on Mexico, if Mexico had nukes. The problem with NK isn't their military, it's the fact that they're all insane and have nukes. Their military blows, big dicks the size of mountains, to put it in perspective.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Lol, taking on North Korea would be like taking on Mexico, if Mexico had nukes. The problem with NK isn't their military, it's the fact that they're all insane and have nukes. Their military blows, big dicks the size of mountains, to put it in perspective.

^This.
Their military is worthless.
The only thing they can do to hurt anyone is if they decide to nuke someone. I don't see this happening., and if it does then leave the country. That's all there is to say about it TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by CL/\SH
This is incorrect. North Korea has the 4th largest active military force in the world, behind only China, India, and the United States.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
This is incorrect. North Korea has the 4th largest active military force in the world, behind only China, India, and the United States.

According to North Korea. North Korea's reported literacy rate is 99%. By now you should know that any information coming out of North Korea is utter bullshit.
Quote by herby190
Wait, didn't you just post in the DT about thinking you're becoming an alcoholic?

>_>

<_<

....yes. and?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Yeah, sadly it's too late for humanity.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Write a song TS.

I'll play along with my violin.

/asshole

Sorry I need to sleep.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by CL/\SH

Right, just like Afghanistan...

Oh, wait...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Right, just like Afghanistan...

Oh, wait...

Lol, we're not trying to beat Afghanistan in a war. If it were a question of beating them in a war it would have been exactly like Desert Storm. But it isn't a war against a country, it's a "war" on terror, which is in Afghanistan. And lots of other places.

And my fellow smart guy already compensated for NK reportedly being the 4th largest active military. Even if that were true, which it isn't, it wouldn't matter.

If North Korea started nuking, every country in the world (even China) would shove a rod so far up Kim Jung-Ils ass that North Korea wouldn't even exist any more.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH

If North Korea started nuking, every country in the world (even China) would shove a rod so far up Kim Jung-Ils ass that North Korea wouldn't even exist any more.

Exactly. China has already told KJI that if he keeps up with his bullshit they're done with them. I don't think KJI will do anything. He knows that there's to much at stake if he starts something.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by RockGuitar92
Quote by flame843

we should secede from the united states and start our own county. it's worked in the past.

For a few years, anyway. Then we came in and forced you to come back.

Isn't that basicaly how America started in the first place?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jun 29, 2010,
If you care that much TS, get out there and make things happen

Don't sit online and moan about it; get active
you can secede from the union and form your perfect, hippie, communist utopia where all possesions are "the peoples" and you have no personal freedoms....sounds good to me! (yeah right)
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
I think you are only recognizing one side of these things TS. Corporations send jobs overseas for reasons beyond greed. People overseas work harder for less which allows U.S. consumers to sae a bit of money. As for other nations building nuclear weapons...do you think it is possible that they feel threatened by the big guys and want something to defend themselves with? I'm not saying that under developed countries should have nukes, but I don't think it's particularly hard to theorize why they would want them outside of antagonizing. The U.S. and every other country maintain militaries not because they are so cool but because we need an army to defend ourselves with in case of war.
Quote by fivepointnine
you can secede from the union and form your perfect, hippie, communist utopia where all possesions are "the peoples" and you have no personal freedoms....sounds good to me! (yeah right)

Where did the thread starter promote forming a communist hippie comune?
Page 1 of 2