so i just picked up an epiphone SG junior and im liking it so far. saw it in the pawn shop for cheap. ive always liked the look of the junior. only problem is ive noticed the intonation is out in the higher frets. but its got one of those fixed saddle type bridges. there seems to be two black screws on the side that i think are supposed to move the bridge but they dont seem to work well. either one side moves and not the other or they both dont.

should i just get a new bridge with adjustable saddles?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I don't think you can. That's the point of an SG/LP Junior; a simple guitar that sounds good.

im not sure why i wouldnt be able to put a new bridge on it. i probably will if i cant get the intonation right but id like to do it without a new bridge.
With a set of standard strings (i.e. .10s for the 24.75" scale SG) in standard tunings (e.g. E Standard, Drop D, Eb Standard, etc) with average action (about 1.4-1.7mm at the 12th fret), and assuming the frets are in decent condition, the standard warparoud bridge should be intonated perfectly, or at least as perfectly as you would expect with any other type of fixed bridge. If the intonation is noticably off then there is probably some other aspect of the guitar that is off.
If it really bothers you and you want to use more obscure tunings/string gauges/action, a few companies make single piece wraparound replacement bridges that have adjustable saddles - check whatever shops are near to you/can deliver to you and see what they have, there are too many models to start listing here and you'll need to research the dimensions and check them against the guitar's current bridge to make sure if any replacement would fit. Bear in mind that the Epi will be using metric measurements, so parts made to imperial dimensions won't fit; you'll want to look for bridges that are listed as being made to fit ''import'' guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
With a set of standard strings (i.e. .10s for the 24.75" scale SG) in standard tunings (e.g. E Standard, Drop D, Eb Standard, etc) with average action (about 1.4-1.7mm at the 12th fret), and assuming the frets are in decent condition, the standard warparoud bridge should be intonated perfectly, or at least as perfectly as you would expect with any other type of fixed bridge. If the intonation is noticably off then there is probably some other aspect of the guitar that is off.
If it really bothers you and you want to use more obscure tunings/string gauges/action, a few companies make single piece wraparound replacement bridges that have adjustable saddles - check whatever shops are near to you/can deliver to you and see what they have, there are too many models to start listing here and you'll need to research the dimensions and check them against the guitar's current bridge to make sure if any replacement would fit. Bear in mind that the Epi will be using metric measurements, so parts made to imperial dimensions won't fit; you'll want to look for bridges that are listed as being made to fit ''import'' guitars.

well it might be off because i put 11's on it now that i think about it. i think ill just use it for slide until i can find a bridge.