http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe62LFmYMCY&feature=related
-description: Acura luxury car commercials saying don't waste money on tube amps.

This makes absolutely no sense. I just saw this commercial on TV, and was very confused. Really? Real gas in the tubes? I want your amp then, because it must defy the laws of tube amps... last time I checked, tubes were vacuums. And also, rare?!

Not that big of a deal, but worth seeing, if only to RAEG.

Acura says "Solid State ftw!"? I am dissapoint.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
The joke.

Your head.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Last edited by mario61 at Jun 29, 2010,
I think that was kind of the point, that he had no idea what he was talking about.
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Vacuum tubes (wow the name gives it away) are entirely evacuated. There's nothing inside the glass. Absolutely nothing. It's a VACUUM.

And yeah, I think the whole point of the commercial was to say that people can't justify why they spend shit loads of money on 'luxuries' that they have no idea why they are good or how they work. However, if you buy the car in question, you WOULD know why you biught a luxury thing. It's not very clever.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Are you that dense? Their point was so blatant....they even explained it for you...
I do believe its a Tube powered CD player, from what I guess. which then it would make more sense, for a tube driven player to be more rare, as its pointless.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by mario61
The joke.

Your head.

/thread
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Saw this commercial for the first time last night and bitched to my girlfriend about it for 5 minutes. Then we made whoopy and I forgot all about it until now.
oh dear christ

the only thing more humorous than this commercial is all the morons who are taking it seriously.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat

Seriously though, the joke is that the guy spent a lot of money on this amp that he can't do anything with, not just that he bought an amp.

/all rants
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by SayAnything
Saw this commercial for the first time last night and bitched to my girlfriend about it for 5 minutes. Then we made whoopy and I forgot all about it until now.

Frickin' lol