An ooold HR Giger Ibanez, the RGTHRG1, not to be confused with the more recent RGHRG1.

Now, there's a story behind this. I was trying to sell my Ibanez S470DX on the interweb, I got an offer for a Crimson swirl Jackson RR3, which I though was a good idea, I called the guy over and we made the trade. Soon after he left, I plugged in the Jackson. I hated it.

I couldn't play that guitar at all, sitting or standing. It all felt so foreign, I tried to get use to it, but I just couldn't at all. Not to mention it sounded like balls. I was kind of disappointed in myself for letting that happen, so I put it up for sale.

A couple weeks later I got an email saying someone wanted to trade the RG for this Jackson, to skip ahead, he came over we made the trade and we're both very happy with the new guitars. Here's some pic-age.

Review: I really like this old Giger guitar, it was part of a limited production and it's the first one I've seen of its kind. Acoustically, It plays well. It's got 9's on it now from the previous guy, I'll switch them to 10's eventually. It sounds great plugged in, which I didn't expect from the inf 1 and 2 pickups (because of previous experience i had with those pickups in the S470) They sounds really great in this guitar, handle distortion well and are just great stock pickups (Surprising, for Ibanez)

The trem handles...alright. It's got the Edge Pro II, it's basically an edge III equivalent, if not greater. It's handled tuning stability and abuse pretty well so far, but I am still skeptical of it. It's got a very fast neck! Holy crap, it plays well. 24 frets, 25.5" scale. It's actually the first neck-through Ibanez I've ever seen and hell, do I love it!

Very durable guitar, has no dents or dings considering how long the other guy had it and how I've treated it so far. It also came with its custom hardshell case from Ibanez and it fits like a glove. All in all, pretty good guitar, but it will never replace my Schecter
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Sweeeeeeeeet. I like.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Umm.. wow. That is... Beautiful! I love Gigers art, and have never seen one of these! I think this may be an Ibanez I like!!
Quote by nickdohle
Umm.. wow. That is... Beautiful! I love Gigers art, and have never seen one of these! I think this may be an Ibanez I like!!

Yeah, first time I saw one of these too, was a very limited run. Can't believe I traded my $600 Ibanez S all the way up to a $1000 Giger series, plus its $250 case
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Pretty, too bad it's got an EDGE trem :P, but great guitar
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by IbanezRGS
Yeah, first time I saw one of these too, was a very limited run. Can't believe I traded my $600 Ibanez S all the way up to a $1000 Giger series, plus its $250 case

1000 bucks? Dang. Disappointing. Out of my price range for an Ibanez.. (its funny how i say that, but im saving up for a LP traditional..)
Now all you got to do is swap the pups and the trem ..HNGD!

EvoLancer whats wrong with an edge trem?plus it's got an Edge Pro II
Quote by EvoLancer211
Pretty, too bad it's got an EDGE trem :P, but great guitar

Well the EDGE Pro II is alright, considering it's a licensed ibanez trem.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by nickdohle
1000 bucks? Dang. Disappointing. Out of my price range for an Ibanez.. (its funny how i say that, but im saving up for a LP traditional..)

Wel, it was $1000 new, he has the reciept for it and with the case $1250. I check on eBay after I got this and I've seen them go for half that price, easily. But I don't mind. It's a pretty good guitar.

IBANEDIT:

Quote by KillerLolrus
This is the second time you've opened this HNGD thread, so yeah HNGD again

Second time?
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
Well the EDGE Pro II is alright, considering it's a licensed ibanez trem.

but it's not as good as the Edge trem or the Edge pro though
Quote by archenemyfan
but it's not as good as the Edge trem or the Edge pro though

Oh, definitely not. Doesn't even compare to them, haha.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Yeah i saw this exact same guitar, with the same pictures, as a HNGD Thread like a month ago.
Quote by KillerLolrus
Yeah i saw this exact same guitar, with the same pictures, as a HNGD Thread like a month ago.

Oh crap, sorry. I am really forgetful. Sorry, if I did though. I didn't remember making one.

IBANEDIT: CRAP! Yeah, you were right ..
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Last edited by IbanezRGS at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by KillerLolrus
Ill try and find it for ya

Nah, I searchbarred and found it, I feel like a dumbass now.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong