Poll: Do you support the hippie lifestyle
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you support the hippie lifestyle
Yes
21 70%
No
9 30%
Voters: 30.
If they live how they want to and don't hurt anybody else in the process then I don't give a shit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
This is not a black-and-white issue.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by necrosis1193
This is not a black-and-white issue.
I know, right

(Invalid img)
Quote by Zaphikh

my thoughts exactly
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by TheBurningFish
If they live how they want to and don't hurt anybody else in the process then I don't give a shit.

See, that's what I think too, I just don't get why people always use the word hippie in a derogatory sense
What?....Yea man I dig it man
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Dude, people can do what they want. Who cares. If that's how they want to live their lives, good luck to them. If they don't hurt anyone else, then they can do what they like. Don't be a hater.

I myself don't subscribe to this particular lifestyle but if other people want to then great. It's just like any other lifestyle choice, like sexual preference, religion etc...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
There are parts that are good for me, and some that I can't fully get behind, so I can't really vote.
Most people do not understand what the hippies were. There is no longer a hippie movement. I think it was a great culture.

Lots of people think I'm a hippie. I don't find it insulting, but it's not really true.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
goddamn hippies ruining society!!

but seriously, i don't give a shit what they do. the only time i hate hippies is when you get the annoying ones that keep telling you your lifestyle is wrong because you follow "the man". they think they're in the right by denying social norms, and everyone else is a sellout.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by dont_cry789
So, simple question, do you view hippies and all their ideals and way of life as a positive attribute or a a negative attribute in a person. For anyone who is unclear by what I mean by hippie here is a link to the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippie#Ethos_and_characteristics . So do you accept this lifestyle or not?

im alright with the ones who arent "hardcore" about it. the ones who are, basically the ones cartman hates on south park are idiots and cant stand them for the most part. most of the time they have no idea about what they are talking about or what they are against. its not the fact that they are hippies, its the things i mentioned. the ones who are against government, who think capitalism is bad (even though we dont actually truely live in a capitalist society), who follow "new age" stuff, think they are "worldly" and think they are smart because they listen to stuff no one else listens to, etc... i dont like that crap.

im all for peace though.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
im alright with the ones who arent "hardcore" about it. the ones who are, basically the ones cartman hates on south park are idiots and cant stand them for the most part. most of the time they have no idea about what they are talking about or what they are against. its not the fact that they are hippies, its the things i mentioned. the ones who are against government, who think capitalism is bad (even though we dont actually truely live in a capitalist society), who follow "new age" stuff, think they are "worldly" and think they are smart because they listen to stuff no one else listens to, etc... i dont like that crap.

im all for peace though.

We don't live in a capitalist society? Pfff
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Judge Holden
Hippies aren't all the same. You can't make a judgment about an entire lifestyle, but you can judge the different ways an individual interprets it. For example, John Lennon is a positive example of a hippy. The hippies in South Park are a negative example of a hippy.

Exactly, like any group of people, there will be good ones and bad. I just get upset when people fail to see the difference. I mentioned that I really liked The Beatles, and some stupid girl is like. "Why, they're just a bunch of hippies?" I was just like
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear

im all for peace though.

I believe you're thinking of "hipsters" not "hippies."
I like the hair, I like the tie dye, I like the peace, and I like the music.

But at some point, the movement grew bigger and all people wanted to do was bitch around, smoke pot, and have free sex. I would like the hippie movement if it wasn't polluted with posers who didn't give a shit about the causes.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
If they live how they want to and don't hurt me in the process then I don't give a shit.
I can't stand hippies.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I thought it said opinions on hippos.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀