Just a quick question, I don't know much about computers. If someone were to download a cracked version of the Windows 7 OS. Would they be able to keep stuff they currently have? Would said person lose all their music? Or all of their programs and stuff? And lets say this person didn't want to do the whole partition thing. Just delete vista and get windows 7. Could someone keep specific things?

All hypothetical of course :P
Usually, switching OS requires hard disk formatting.... right?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Don't promote piracy. Also, computer thread.

But to answer your question, as long as you're updating from Vista, you can keep all your files. I did it a few months ago and it went pretty smoothly, no problems with lost files or anything.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Usually, switching OS requires hard disk formatting.... right?

Your sarcastically asking the wrong person.

I do not know.

So i cant keep ANYTHING if i change OS's? Ugh.

I hav a harddrive to store stuff but its only 2gigs =(
Traditionally yes, you do need to format to install a new OS. But, with better and smarter software, you can keep your hard drive contents.

HOWEVER - if you have pirated software, you may run into issues. I had a pirated copy of Vista, so when I bought a genuine copy of Win7 I couldn't just update my OS, I had to start from scratch.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
SWIM had the official version of vista and the cracked/fake/downloaded/whatever version of 7 just updataed it. it took about an hour and a half to do.