so I want a tube amp. It doesn't have to be too loud because I play in my bedroom only. I want it to have a really nice clean, and a good crunch too. I don't play any metal. I'm fine buying a used one off ebay, it really doesn't make a difference to me if its used or not as long as its good quality. thanks. oh, and I'm ona $500 budget.
Last edited by chandlerj at Jun 29, 2010,
Peavey windsor. if you really want, you can get the head version, and it cleans up nicely if you use your guitar volume knob.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
peavey classic 30 would be my first choice for you. other than that, look into blackstar ht-5 or ht-20 and bugera v22. you might also want to try a fender blues jr with an od pedal. not sure if you'll need one (more than likely you will) but i think those things sound great.

honestly though, my first choice for you would be the peavey
jca 20h
good o'l soldano sound
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Blackstar HT-5
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by User_Name336
hahahaha! really? he said he needs good cleans and doesn't play metal!

Cleans are fine on the + and the crunch is great.

There are much better options of course, but he should try it if he can.

My recommendation is a Marshall DSL.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7421 (MIJ) Dimarzio SD-7/AN-7
ESP LTD EC407 (stock)
Ibanez S320 (Tone Zone/PAF Pro)
ESP LTD EC1000 (stock)
Seagull C-6 Concert Acoustic
Godin MultiAc Nylon Encore

Amps:
Peavey 6505
Peavey 6505+
Marshall DSL100
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb
Mesa Boogie 412 Rectifier Standard Cab
Randall Iso112

Pedals:
Horizon Devices Precision Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD808
MXR Carbon Copy
Shure GLX wireless system
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus
Well... I've managed to play a 50w plexi clone in my room without anyone on the other side of the house being terribly annoyed. Master Volumes are wonderful things.

5-watt amps just get a reputation of being really loud because most don't have MVs, and few have power attenuators. Manufacturers probably assume that you'd be cranking a 5 watt amp, anyway.
Last edited by Seref at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by Seref
Well... I've managed to play a 50w plexi clone in my room without anyone on the other side of the house being terribly annoyed. Master Volumes are wonderful things.

5-watt amps just get a reputation of being really loud because most don't have MVs, and few have power attenuators. Manufacturers probably assume that you'd be cranking a 5 watt amp, anyway.

Well, that's great. of course that's the case for a master volume.

But IMO, if I could never crank up an amp that sounded best when cranked, if I never needed that kind of power because I only played in my bedroom (which is not the case for me, in reality. just saying.)...I'd look at other options. just my two cents.

Now, if I needed an amp that could sound great at gigging volumes, and then sound okay at bedroom volumes...You bet I'd be looking at a tube amp with a master volume.
Egnater Tweaker?
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
I think the fender super champ xd is great bang for the buck for what your looking for. Check it out. Get a used one at GC for about $225. Fender clean is pretty darn good....
Blackheart Killer Ant if you'd like a little overdrive at reasonable levels. Little Giant if you're more about a clean tone.

Blackhearts are more Marshall-y voiced than Fender-y voiced if that helps describe the tone.
I can't really compare it with any other tube amps because it's the only one I've ever had, however, the Vox AC4TV is in my opinion excellent for bedroom playing and with an onboard attenuator you can drop it down to 1w and 1/4w which for home use is still bloody loud. And it's should be loud enough to play with your mates if you've got any (unlike me!). Having used this for about 8 months now I'd have thought that if you went with anything bigger you'd rapidly be having trouble with you neighbors.

Thrench

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
If you want a British-voiced amp, then I'd look into maybe a used Blackheart Handsome Devil. 15 watts, master volume, VERY loud for a low-wattage amp. I'll put it this way: My 5 watt Little Giant can play over a drummer if it's cranked.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I second the Peavey Classic 30.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I cant be bothered to read through all the posts, but I say Orange Tiny Terror

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!