I bought some D'Addario's today and when I opened the pack it was missing the high E string. I took each string out one by one from low E string to high E string and lay them down in that order. I reached into the pack for the high E string and..... .... there was none! I know I didn't lose it because I took each one out one by one. I still looked around for it for like 15 minutes but nothing So I'm guessing it was a factory problem

I contacted D'Addario about this and asked if they would send me some new strings (eh why not?).

So has anyone else had a similar experience?
Demand a refund from wherever you bought the strings.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Demand a refund from wherever you bought the strings.

I am doing that too. Tomorrow morning
that happened to me once. i was pissed cause the high e was all i needed
Quote by bobthebum16
I am doing that too. Tomorrow morning

Good for you. And when you're in the shop, make sure that the new packet contains all six strings this time.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
It's a trap!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by rickyj
that happened to me once. i was pissed cause the high e was all i needed

Lmao that sucks. Yeah it happened to me once...pisses me off
its probably a gnome controlled conspiracy to steal guitar strings.

1. steal guitar strings from unsuspecting individuals
3. profit

4. get laid
I had this happen to me 4 times with Daddario strings.

once with guitar and three times with bass.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Happened to my fellow bandmate with D'Addario yet again...he sent them a letter and got a couple of packs of strings and some picks. In my experience, they have snafoo's, but they seem to have fairly good customer service.
Strange! while factory rejects happen once inawhile, in the 13 years i've been buying guitar strings, i've never seen that happen!

The one problem i had was that a bass string set that i bought had a dented or warped string, you could see this weird kink right in the middle of the string. Didn't think it would hurt anything, but it completely threw the intonation of that string completely off. if i tuned it by ear.. or with a tuner it would be completely off if i went up one or two frets.

the guy at L&M gave me a brand new which was nice
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Thats funny, D'Addario sells some sets with an extra E in them. Thats probably where yours went.
ten bucks says that it wasn't a factory problem, but some idiot who broke their high e and went and stole it out of another pack, since d'addarios can be opened and resealed quite easily.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I wouldn't go to the shop where you bought it with it, because how would they know you're just saying it to get your money back?

Contact D'addario personally. I think it would be better.

I've just started using D'addarios, I hope it doesn't happen to me
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Sid McCall
ten bucks says that it wasn't a factory problem, but some idiot who broke their high e and went and stole it out of another pack, since d'addarios can be opened and resealed quite easily.

That's why they keep strings behind the counter at my shop.
cool, does that mean i can keep telling D'addario that i only got 5 strings in my pack of strings and they will send me new ones? i mean how will they know if we're lying or not.
Quote by fly135
If the pack wasn't sealed I wouldn't be surprised if someone just pilfered it.

It was. The little bag that it is in was completely sealed..I had to tear the little bag's top like always.
Quote by holycow
cool, does that mean i can keep telling D'addario that i only got 5 strings in my pack of strings and they will send me new ones? i mean how will they know if we're lying or not.

I think customer satisfaction weighs more than one paltry string. 10 to 1 they'll take care of him, if not, they suck. I also doubt they'll send him a whole set.

They keep track of customer support calls. You wouldn't be able to scam strings over and over.
Quote by 667
I think customer satisfaction weighs more than one paltry string. 10 to 1 they'll take care of him, if not, they suck. I also doubt they'll send him a whole set.

They keep track of customer support calls. You wouldn't be able to scam strings over and over.

This, they're making hundreds of thousands of strings a day, this could well be a factory error on their part so they should give him a new pack for his troubles. It would look good on the company.