http://www.myspace.com/1teenageband

We're relatively new band, officially started about 6 months ago and finally recorded a demo , and would like some feedback on it please. What you liked, didn't like, etc. Listen to the songs and tell me what you think Music is-Pop punk, Alternative, and some other stuff

-Any Feedback Greatly Appreciated!
F.A.T.E.-Forget About The Evil
IMO your singer needs to learn how to hit notes... he is singing in very dull way and the back up vocals need to learn to harmonize there voices together, some of the songs where cool and had a good vibe till they went off key, i mean the only thing is your singer really needs to work out his voice more... cause it seems like he is just talking and its not really catching anything in my ear. it definitely drew me away from it. just tell em to either take voice lessons or train on his own in order to improve and you guys should be good.
Singing is poor. That is really letting you guys down.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Umm bro RIP, I miss you, and sick are already songs.
I miss you-blink182
(sic)-Slipknot
RIP-Zombie Ghost Train
Thank you for the feedback

Which singer? We have 3-Different songs different parts- Like my bassist is lead for Where Are You-I'm bass then/ Back up you can't really hear. My Rhythm Guitarist sings most of I Miss You and with me on Sweet Paradise-and I Sing on R.I.P. and Sick

And by off key you mean the singer or instrument?
Quote by liberationarmy
Umm bro RIP, I miss you, and sick are already songs.
I miss you-blink182
(sic)-Slipknot
RIP-Zombie Ghost Train

Haha I know my lead guitarist picks at me about how some of my lyrics or songs are others, but lots of bands have same song names as others, and they aren't the same song if they are.
the singer is off key on all the songs, and most the guitar work doesn't follow any note patterns that stay in key. i'd say mostly work on the singing on everyones part... singing in key = major win to being a better musician.
Quote by seemeel
Singing is poor. That is really letting you guys down.

Does every song have poor singing? Or is it jus one or all. Kind of be more specific, by what I mean-Like which song, etc
Alright I'm seeing a lot about poor singing. Can you name the songs and parts or something because some of the songs have mainly one singer-Sick, R.I.P., Where Are You- and the others have multiple-I Miss You-1st and 3rd are rhythm guitarist, 2nd is lead vocalist, Chorus, both and back ups, Sweet Paradise-Me and rhythm sing all of it basically together. Like the feedback though, helpful
Last edited by GVA_f.a.t.e. at Jun 29, 2010,
ok so you have mixed singers, you guys should have 1 guy focus on all the singing, and have him dedicate all his time to being a better singer for your band if you guys wanna get serious about it.
Quote by Blackdeathhimdw
ok so you have mixed singers, you guys should have 1 guy focus on all the singing, and have him dedicate all his time to being a better singer for your band if you guys wanna get serious about it.

You don't think each singer brings in their own style haha but I can see some of the point you make. Most bands have 1 singer
the thing is like they try to bring in their own style but not to be rude but... it just doesn't fit, and it seems like non of them try nor want to take it serious? iono it just seems to work out more when you have 1 guy dedicated to singing. out of all the bands i've been in since 2003 we've had 1 singer to hold down the position and its always better cause they don't have to focus on playing a guitar at the same time or drums or bass.
Quote by Blackdeathhimdw
the thing is like they try to bring in their own style but not to be rude but... it just doesn't fit, and it seems like non of them try nor want to take it serious? iono it just seems to work out more when you have 1 guy dedicated to singing. out of all the bands i've been in since 2003 we've had 1 singer to hold down the position and its always better cause they don't have to focus on playing a guitar at the same time or drums or bass.

Alright I can see ya on that. Maybe during recordings Lead vocalist-I- should just do it, with back up on back parts only. My back ups like singing as, which was comfortable with me and seemed only natural to do the same on the demo, since we do it all the time. I do take the singing seriously, haha glad I didn't do a demo just starting, and have improved since I began, and I looked back and saw that all songs, singer was off key, by that what do you mean like the way the song sounds compared to the vocals-some songs I can tell like at the beginning of I miss you, the back up is not in sync- or?
Last edited by GVA_f.a.t.e. at Jun 29, 2010,
like... the note that you are singing in with the song... so if you start the song on a E you should try and sing in E, which is the 7th on the A String of a guitar.
Quote by Blackdeathhimdw
like... the note that you are singing in with the song... so if you start the song on a E you should try and sing in E, which is the 7th on the A String of a guitar.

Alright, gotcha. Thank You for the Feedback on that note, would you like to note any positive you heard?
TS, just wanted to remind you not to double post - Mods tend not to like that plus you can get banned for it. Also, I would listen to your demos now and give feedback but I'm in school atm, so I can't get on myspace. I'll have a listen later.
Quote by Fieryhead
TS, just wanted to remind you not to double post - Mods tend not to like that plus you can get banned for it. Also, I would listen to your demos now and give feedback but I'm in school atm, so I can't get on myspace. I'll have a listen later.

My bad, thanks for pointing out, and look forward to the feedback
Quote by GVA_f.a.t.e.
Haha I know my lead guitarist picks at me about how some of my lyrics or songs are others, but lots of bands have same song names as others, and they aren't the same song if they are.

oh alright cool just makin sure dudes. Peace and good luck
^ Thanks!

-And to others who post, this is just a live demo, the vocals aren't going to be perfect, and after listening to it a good bit of times, yeah there are some times when vocals aren't that good, but I don't think as a whole its poor vocals-just some parts, and lets face it we're not all Steve Perry, Robert Plant, etc-it happens.

Personally I think-of the recorded-R.I.P., Where Are You, and Sick are the best. Here's my breakdown of them.

I Miss You-Back Ups weren't the best and should've redid it at certain parts, and some vocals parts. Other than that everything else was good imo

Sick-Was done really well imo, maybe I should've stood a little closer to the mic, told my back up to stand a little farther back for the end part-hear'm strain a little haha, but that's about it and maybe some bonus stuff I thought of after we did it. And the beginning should relate to almost everyone, "I'm just sick of some things"

R.I.P.-a couple parts had some dry vocals-lol after recording it 4-5 times your going to lose some energy-, I would've did Chorus a little differently, and held on a little longer for the last part but other than that I thought this was good as well.

Sweet Paradise- Besides I Miss You, this one you can hear my back ups rough voice-lol I should've stood closer for some parts- but other than that I thought it was good as well vocals and all.

Where Are You-Vocals were good, wish the back up would've been picked up-Mic accidentally was unplugged during play-and besides a couple of mess ups the recording was very good.

Overall I thought this was a pretty good demo. Best ever NO, but good in my opinion. Instruments were good, with some mess ups but we're only human. I'm kind of surprised R.I.P. and Where Are You aren't liked that much, I could kind of understand the others because they're mainly punk. If any of you can, you should try to listen to the lyrics. I think they could relate to almost anyone on all the songs. This of coarse is just my 2 cents.
Last edited by GVA_f.a.t.e. at Jun 30, 2010,
Can anybody give feedback on me? I'm the lead guitarist. should I like write better solos or lead parts or what. I feel left out lol.