I was wondering what your guys opinion on street violence (Stabbings, random assualts, muggings, etc.) was, and if you've had any personal encounters with it, and what you think should be done about it? In australia, atleast in victoria it seems, there has been an increasing number of stabbings and knife-related attacks, atleast that's what the newspapers say. I have also heard that England has a growing 'knife culture' too.

I myself, personally, have never been victim or witness to it, though I've heard stories about 'friend of a friend' incidents, the most notable one being a friend's uncle, who was cut from temple to stomach with a large knife, while acting as security for a young teenager's party. I have narrowly escaped a potential assualt while out late with friends after a group of 8-10, 18-20 year olds cornered me and my friends on a walkway above a shop, and I have been subjected to various cases of random, unprovoked, verbal harassment.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? What do you think should be done to stop or reduce these incidents?
It's extremely stupid and unnecessary.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I support it 100%.

Just kidding, obviously.

I live in a quaint little mountain-valley town of less than 1,000 people; we don't get much street violence.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by sweet_requiem
I myself, personally, have never been victim or witness to it, though I've heard stories about 'friend of a friend' incidents, the most notable one being a friend's uncle, who was cut from temple to stomach with a large knife, while acting as security for a young teenager's party.

I guess since it was a large knife he couldn't have pulled the old "You call that a knife?" trick
I'm a big supporter of stabbings.
Quote by dudetheman
I support it 100%.

Just kidding, obviously.

I live in a quaint little mountain-valley town of less than 1,000 people; we don't get much street violence.

SOUTH PARK???
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
me and a mate were walking home one night from the pub late one night and 3 guys tried to jump us, but little did they know me and my mate really know how to throw down. long story short we showed them who is boss.

But thats just what happens in the town I live in, you just have to know how to look after yourself.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
i dont like it
ive been mugged a couple times with large knives nothing major lost luckily
but it sucks
Stuff like that seems to be rising all over the place. Not sure why or what can be done except take some time to know how to watch your own back.
What's my opinion? I am against it. I have never experienced anything either.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Hah! Do you still get it in those rural area's?

I just remembered my friend telling me a few weeks ago, he seen a girl beat another over the head with a spanner while they were waiting for the bus, because she 'accidently' flicked her cigarette onto her. It amazes me that this is by 2 girls who are a few years younger than us (One attends my school) doing these things.
Quote by sweet_requiem
I was wondering what your guys opinion on street violence (Stabbings, random assualts, muggings, etc.) was

What kind of sick bastard would say they support it?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Harr harr guys, I get it, 'I like it!'. The opinion was more about what you think causes it, or what you think should be done to combat it.

As far as muggings go, my physics teacher had his arm broken about 2 months ago while getting mugged, walking from the pub to his car. But you can see the motivation behind a mugging. There are some incidents which are classified purely as random, as in, a group of people walking around, find someone, and just beat them up.

These people seem determined to just cause problems, and I personally don't know of anything we can implement to prevent that.
There's a whole bunch of fuckwits out there who feel the need to prove themselves by outnumbering random people and bashing them. I've got quite a few "almost" stories, although nothing major has happened to me. Group of 10-12 guys chased me and my mate at Skyshow (huge event, by the way, thousands attend) for no reason whatsoever, punched me in the face and my mate in the back of the head. We lost them by splitting up and losing them in the huge crowd.

I don't feel safe walking around suburbs at night, even nice ones like mine. People come from different parts of the city cruising for fights, it's disgusting.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Some bitch tried to rob me with a knife, I would have none of that. So I pulled out a Spoon and beat him in Knifey Spooney
Quote by darkcheef
Some bitch tried to rob me with a knife, I would have none of that. So I pulled out a Spoon and beat him in Knifey Spooney

I see you've played knifey spooney before !

Ive had no personaly experience with it but apparently its getting loads worse here in England. I dont like to walk about alone at night, and I still dont feel completely safe in a group of 2 or 3 even.
I saw a man lying on the street, some punk has chopped off his head, I was the only one who stopped to see if he was dead.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by sweet_requiem
I have also heard that England has a Throwing knife culture.

fix'd.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Kensai
I saw a man lying on the street, some punk has chopped off his head, I was the only one who stopped to see if he was dead.

What is wrong with the world today?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It happens every so often, it isn't as bad as other parts of the UK though. I've been jumped a couple of times, but nothing serious.
Tbh bus stops etc round me take the brunt of homosocial activities between chavs that would give nothing but to rip off their mates clothes and go to town onto them.

But there is no out-right violence, there's a few dodgy incidents but nothing major.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Touch wood, I have thankfully never been the victim of street violence or muggings. I know people who have though and it's a horrible experience.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
It's a real problem. Poverty, hard drugs, social rejection, the lulz, street gangs... Many factors can cause street violence and there's not much we can do about it, unfortunately
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I've been jumped a couple of times but never that bad. The worst/ funniest was when I got off the school bus with my mate (3rd year so we were 14) and at the same time we got off the bus three jakeballs came out of the pub adequately wellied to put it mildly, well they start shouting abuse at us, we ignore them, they then proceed to run up behind us and start punching us. When I got a look at them they must have been in their mid twenties... My big brother found out who they were though and got their commeuppance so alls well that ends well.

Street violence can be all right though. If you've got two consenting adults wanting to go at each other then fair enough.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Violence is stupid. I know someone who got jumped while he was on his bike by 3 guys and they stole his wallet, phone & bike.

People like that always make me feel better about myself because I know I'm smarter than them and I don't need violence to get what I want.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I'll be honest I usually carry a knife. Can never be too careful.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
TS your profile says you are from victoria, and i dont know what suburb you mean but i'm from Cheltenham, South East Suburbs. Anyway..

(alot of this could be wrong, i have trouble remeber ing it all)

2 weeks i went to a mates house that is about a 20-25 car ride away. There were a few of us and we were all drinkning. The time comes for everyone to go home, me and another friend were suposed to be going somewhere real close to where we were, but we decided t walk home the whole way, as we live quite close to one another. We were walking about 1 and a half hours before we split up, and had not seen a single person. I start walking alone, about 10 min walk, done it many times, all fine untill about halfway. A white car speeds past, yelling and i see a big rock wizz just in front of my face, and hear a few more hit the ground around me. I think i kept walking, im a lttle fuzzy on the details, but the car pulled around stops in front of me, the driver runs out and gets me with a solid hook to the face, i fall back into a hedge then fall forward, got hit again and then started falling. At this point i think all 4 of them started hitting me, im preety sure i was getting stomped, although im not sure for how long. After a while i either told them or they found my ipod took it and left. I have no idea how long i was on the ground for, it could have been 5 minutes, it could have been 2 hours. I remeber trying to stand up, and spitting out mouth fulls of blood, and then standing in my bathroom looking at myself. i had really bad swelling on oe side of my face, to the ppoint i had trouble opening an eye. When i woke up in the morning i found half my hair dried with blood from a cut to my head.

But as i stood up from the ground, in between spitting blood, i remeber thinkning, At least i didn;t get stabbed.

Street violence sucks.

TL;DR: i got the shit kicked out of me
Quote by sweet_requiem
I was wondering what your guys opinion on street violence (Stabbings, random assualts, muggings, etc.) was, and if you've had any personal encounters with it, and what you think should be done about it? In australia, atleast in victoria it seems, there has been an increasing number of stabbings and knife-related attacks, atleast that's what the newspapers say. I have also heard that England has a growing 'knife culture' too.

I myself, personally, have never been victim or witness to it, though I've heard stories about 'friend of a friend' incidents, the most notable one being a friend's uncle, who was cut from temple to stomach with a large knife, while acting as security for a young teenager's party. I have narrowly escaped a potential assualt while out late with friends after a group of 8-10, 18-20 year olds cornered me and my friends on a walkway above a shop, and I have been subjected to various cases of random, unprovoked, verbal harassment.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? What do you think should be done to stop or reduce these incidents?

I live in Melbourne, and im out and about most weekends in the suburbs and city at night and everynight me and my mates ATLEAST get yelled at. Last weekend a friend of ours got an egg thrown at her out of the window of a car, and another friend got a bottle thrown at him. I know people who have been victims of knife crime, and i definately KNOW it is rising.
I haven't ever had a personal experience with street violence but I know some people who have.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Im writing a novel about street violence actually. I think Australia has the worst street violence of any developed country. [Except, say, downtown LA, and even then I think thats only because we dont have access to guns.] It's the hardest thing ive ever written, because im writing it for someone other than myself, to hopefully get published and tell the country just what the hell is happening on our streets.

I work the graveyard shift at a petrol station and almost every night I see some kid come in covered in his own blood, with a broken nose or cracked ribs or worse. I patch him up the best I can [on several occasions called the cops and an amberlamps, but they mostly dont want me to] and send him on his way. But thats not even the worst part. The worst part is that invariably, about half an hour later, I have to serve the group of assholes that come in and brag to me about beating some poor kid up. They are proud of themselves. They go out specifically to find people to beat the shit out of. And I cant argue. I have to serve them and let them go on their way. The few times I have called the cops they havent been able to do anything except take a look at the security tapes. One of these days im gonna turn all vigilante superhero and go out and fight those evildoers! Once i've finished my group fighting course in Krav Maga. Anyone a costume designer?
...In my opinion.
Street violence is very common where I live. I don't live in the area, but its a good 15-20 minute drive from where I live.

The inner city kids go through a lot of that shit. I know my mother was telling me about a student she had (6th grader), about 3 years ago who witnessed his mother and father being shot.

I also have a friend who lives in the projects and I'll be on the phone with him and you'll hear gunshots or he'll comment on how he found a dead dude in his backyard