I have a tiny practice amp n I jst got a bass and I was wondering if I can plug it in with out damaging my amp. Pls help
thx
No.

The speakers in guitar amps are crafted so that the angle and design of the speaker can vibrate with the certain frequency of guitar pitch. They can't handle the low frequency vibrations of thick bass strings.

So unless you want to damage your speaker in your amp, don't.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
im pretty sure it ****s it, i know you can plug a guitar into a bass amp and its ok just sounds shit but i think it could damage your speakers the other way round
Quote by jacksonDKMG
im pretty sure it ****s it, i know you can plug a guitar into a bass amp and its ok just sounds shit but i think it could damage your speakers the other way round

Guitar to bass amp actually sounds pretty good, unless your definition of shitty is a clean sound. Even through my 15 watt POS bass amp I can get some pretty nice cleans.

So ts, the answer is yes, if you want an amp that no longer works on your hands. If not I'd recommend NOT doing that.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 29, 2010,
You can if you want to play very quietly.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
You wont damage the amp, its the speakers that will suffer. Plug it into a speaker designed for a bass amp and it'll be fine.
it's not just the frequencies, the attack of a bass will kill a guitar speaker, maybe not immediately but it will kill it. Bass speakers are tougher.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I test guitars and basses professionally for a living and I use the same amp for both, thing is you can play your bass thru a guitar amp just dont crank it to much because you will blow the speaker if you over do it.