I'm going into the studio with my band tomorrow. I've got a set of strings for my Strat and I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to change them. The old ones have been on there for a while.

Thanks, Andy,
I would do it. New strings can really make a difference to your sound not because they're new per se, but because you play them differently. It's a mental thing as much as anything. I like the feel of new strings and it makes me more confident, if you will. I try to swap my strings out every two or three months, depending on what gigs etc I am playing.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
I would do it. New strings can really make a difference to your sound not because they're new per se, but because you play them differently. It's a mental thing as much as anything. I like the feel of new strings and it makes me more confident, if you will. I try to swap my strings out every two or three months, depending on what gigs etc I am playing.

same, I just find that the longer the strings have been on the more they hurt your fingers. I usually swap them each month, and i'd do it even more often if it was affordable

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Def change them but dude... do it NOW. You want the strings to be tight in the studio, not having them flatten all the time even in the songs. Yea, do it, but be aware of fact that it takes some time for the strings to settle.
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah