I've had this guitar for a couple of years, and I'm now noticing that the notes are getting sharper as I go along the fretboard. The open strings will be perfectly in tune, then by the time I get to the twelfth fret it's quite sharp. What's the problem and how can I fix it?

Any help is appreciated!
that's your intonation - you'll have to adjust the position of the saddles (or the whole bridge if you've got a les paul junior style guitar, for example) with whatever adjustment screws are available and move the saddles downwards (further away from the nut) until it's accurate - you know it's accurate by comparing the 12th fret harmonic with the fretted note at the 12th fret on each string.

If you're not comfortable doing that yourself (although it's always helpful to learn) then take it to a guitar shop and they should do it for you - but it will cost you a little bit of money.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yep. It's intonation problem, alright. To save yourself and us sometime follow this link http://tinyurl.com/2etvhwf
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R