So I need some advice on a new speaker for my Peavey Bandit. I thinking Eminence for sure but there are so many of them, and I don't know much about them.

The amp is a 50w I'm pretty sure because it's an old bandit. It's got a 12" speaker and 8ohm rating.

These were two speakers that caught my eye:

The Governor:http://www.guitarcenter.com/Eminence-Red-Coat-The-Governor-12--Guitar-Speaker-660044-i1153617.gc

The Wizard: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Eminence-The-Wizard-12--Guitar-Speaker-609800-i1153350.gc

Any advice you could give me is very much appreciated.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
what type of tone are you after? you could email eminence, i always got good detailed replies when i emailed them (but the more info you can give them, the better the reply will be)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of tone are you after? you could email eminence, i always got good detailed replies when i emailed them (but the more info you can give them, the better the reply will be)

Well I play a little of everything, but I mainly play Rock,Blues,Punk and pop-punk. So something that would give me a good tone with those genre's would be awesome.

EDIT: I may e-mail them if I haven't decided what speaker to get by the time this thread dies.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Last edited by offthewall91 at Jun 29, 2010,
i would email them
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i would email them

That's probably what I'll have to do.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Last edited by seemeel at Jun 29, 2010,
it's only rated at 25w
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Govenor would be hard to pass up. Pretty cheap really aren't they? It'd probably sound fine in your Bandit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The Govenor would be hard to pass up. Pretty cheap really aren't they? It'd probably sound fine in your Bandit.

I know right?

But the Wizard is a cross between the Governor and the Private Jack, so I can't decide.
I need to research them a little more before I can make a decision.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

i thought the wizard was a g12h30? (though i guess a g12h30 is sort of a cross between a greenback and a v30, lol)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
offthewall91, I've got an 8 ohm WGS Veteran 30 for sale. Click the link in my sig if you're interested and maybe we can work something out. It'll be cheaper than buying a new speaker and if you've got anything good, I might be willing to trade it to you.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Jun 29, 2010,
While researching I found another speaker to throw into the mix. The Man O War
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Eminence-Man-O-War-12--Guitar-Speaker-660068-i1153633.gc

But I think it comes down to The Wizard and this one. What do you guys think?
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291