I am registering to take my ACT test in September, and it is asking me to choose up to four schools to send my scores to. My question is should I choose the schools I want to send my scores to even if I didn't apply to them yet?
Yes. Damn are you gonna be a junior or senior in the fall? If your gonna be a senior your cutting it pretty close.

Tip (i've taken it twice): Don't waste your time studying or going to classes. I didn't do any of that and got a 31 the first time, then a 32. As long as your doing well in school you'll be fine. Save your time and money.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Its So Easy
Yes. Damn are you gonna be a junior or senior in the fall? If your gonna be a senior your cutting it pretty close.

Tip (i've taken it twice): Don't waste your time studying or going to classes. I didn't do any of that and got a 31 the first time, then a 32. As long as your doing well in school you'll be fine. Save your time and money.

dude i wouldnt say its a waste of time. you are obviously very smart and able to get a 31 your first try, but most people dont do that. I'm not saying studying or classes will make you score great but it could help some people
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by IBANEZ_RULES
I'm going to be a senior, how bad is it?

you'll be fine, you just won't have as many chances to retake it if you don't get the score you want

and yes, send them to colleges even if you haven't applied to them yet, but plan to.
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
Yes, make sure that you send your scores to some of the colleges that you are interesting in or are considering. Some colleges won't accept the scores unless they are sent from the testing site, so you might also want to check that out for any colleges that you are looking at.

As for some advice on the preparation, do what you feel like you need to. I took the ACT the summer before my Junior year (wanted to try it early to see how I would do), and I managed to get a 32 without any real preparation. All I did was do some practice tests online the night or two before it. And actually, I sucked on those practice tests, probably because I knew it wasn't the real thing, so the incentive to try my best wasn't there.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that everyone will be different. Some need the extra practice and some don't, so I would at least recommend trying out some practice materials and seeing how that goes for you. Considering you are going to be a senior, I would recommend that you take some extra steps to prepare and make sure you are comfortable with the test seeing as there will be less opportunities to correct for a undesired score.

Best of luck on the test though!
Last edited by Onyx Fire at Jun 29, 2010,