Poll: How many albums before greatest hits?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many albums before greatest hits?
6 12%
0 0%
2 4%
3 6%
14 28%
10 20%
2 4%
8+
13 26%
Voters: 50.
6, and 4 EPs.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
id say it depends on how many hits they have. like 5-10 and a decent following are needed. or if they just leave a record company to a new one
Bands should never release greatests hits albums, IMO.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I'd say 6 as a minimum but I'm not sure that bands have much say in a Greatest Hits release anyway. AFAIK it's just a record company device for squeezing last drops of profit before a contract comes to an end. Cynical - who me?
I would say you would need an album's worth of hits.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
It is kind of tough to say because it depends on the number of hits on the albums too, 3 albums with lots of hits could make a greatest hits album, or it could take 8 or so
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Minimum six, definitely.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
8. If the band can make eight albums it's acceptable.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
It really depends on whether they've had hits or not, and I agree that I like it better when they are called "The Essential________" or "The Collection" or something.
Slappa tha bass
Well my favourite band Funeral for a Friend, released a Greatest Hits called Your History Is Mine, (one of their most famous songs is called History and that's a line from the song). But they only had 4 albums previous. However, they did put a handful of new songs onto it. They didn't want to release it but it was a manager's decision or something cuz they have been writing the newer album for quite a while.