hey guys,
my rg had good sustain when i bought it. but lately the sustain wasnt satisfactory enough especially on frets 9 and above.. I raised my strings and still got some some buzz on lower frets 1-6 and higher frets 11-17.. i got it intonated properly and it still does not sustain properly.. i use SIT heavy bottom strings.. Help?
Truss rod? Tremolo properly adjusted?

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Also, wrong forum.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
no trem man .. its a fixed bridge. i dunno how to check the neck for incorrect truss rod adjustment. enlighten me?
The truss rod is in the neck. If the neck is bowed in any serious way that its affecting playability then it needs altering. The altering is done with an allan key in a hole just above the nut.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Or use a straight edge up against the fretboard and check it lines up onto all the frets. You want a little bit of bow towards the string tensioned side though otherwise you'll get fret buzz
Visit the setup Q&A thread and read the faq. It's stickied in the electric guitar forum.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Lie a straight edge on the first to last fret, and stick a feeler gauge in between the 7 fret (the actual fret) and the straight edge. Ideally, it should be around 5-15 thousands of an inch
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Pretty sure this belongs in Electric Guitar forum.

*Reported for move*
..I was watching my death.
Quote by syklone
i mean, how do check wether its bowed or has too much relief?

Press a string like the low E down at the 1st and the 17th (or where the neck meets the body) frets, and check if there's a gap in the middle (around 8th fret) between the bottom of the string and the top of the fret. If there's a gap and it's not bigger than the diameter of your 1st string, it's fine. If it's a much larger gap, you might want to tighten the truss rod. If there's zero gap, it's probably a back bow so you need to loosen the truss rod a little bit. Do a quarter turn at a time, no more, then let it settle for a while.
Have you changed string gauges recently?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.