All criticizm is appreciated. Just wondering if i have a good voice or not and what I can do to improve it. Also I'm wondering if they'res anyone that i sound similar to because even though I recorded myself I'm unsure of how I sound. I'm almost sixteen and I was seeing if maybe I had a chance to do anything with singing. I know it sounds kind of stupid. The mp3 is on my profile. The song is by he is we.
Last edited by mayday15 at Jun 29, 2010,
Hmm, a girl! Interesting.

Well I'll be honest, you don't sing too well. There are some okay bits but more often than not you miss notes or wobble around. You may want to consider lessons, if you're serious about getting better.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Hmm, a girl! Interesting.

Well I'll be honest, you don't sing too well. There are some okay bits but more often than not you miss notes or wobble around. You may want to consider lessons, if you're serious about getting better.

Hahaha ok I was kinda expecting that and yea i might try that thank you.
Quote by GuitarManNick
please tell me ur not a guy

Hahaha i'm not don't worry.
well first off, I was not expecting a girls voice haha.

But to be blunt, your voice has a good deal of potential but is immature. You need to work a bit on pitch but that really isn't a huge issue with your recording. Mostly you need to develop your tone and control. Look up videos by eric arceneux(not sure abt spelling) they helped me and many others with exactly what you need.

Get practicing and I think you can develop an incredible voice
Quote by GuitarManNick
please tell me ur not a guy

I was expecting a guy to sing, and when I heard it i'm like woah, that's a very feminine voice. But i didn't totally exclude the singer being an 'underdeveloped' male... yeah that would have been a bit scary. like Kurt from Glee.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by mayday15
Hahaha i'm not don't worry.

ok good...

in that case... yeah not bad....

and yeah apart from that lessons thing, what u could do is... instead of improving ur voice.... just try to sing like complete shit.. and join/start a punk band....

no joke.... i usually growl/scream in my songs... cant do a melodic voice for shit....
and now im making punk songs... so what i do is just place the mic on one side of the room, stand on the other side of the room.. and just yell into the direction of the mic...

(no not a professional condensing mic or dynamic mic.... im taking about a shitty ass 5€ msn chat mic!!!)

but yeah if u dont like punk.. go with the lessons...
Quote by Pinto111
well first off, I was not expecting a girls voice haha.

But to be blunt, your voice has a good deal of potential but is immature. You need to work a bit on pitch but that really isn't a huge issue with your recording. Mostly you need to develop your tone and control. Look up videos by eric arceneux(not sure abt spelling) they helped me and many others with exactly what you need.

Get practicing and I think you can develop an incredible voice

Hahaha =). Ok thankss for the advice!
Quote by seemeel
I was expecting a guy to sing, and when I heard it i'm like woah, that's a very feminine voice. But i didn't totally exclude the singer being an 'underdeveloped' male... yeah that would have been a bit scary. like Kurt from Glee.

Hahahaha lmao.
Quote by seemeel

yeah

when i heard it i thought it might be a girl..... or one of those 16yr old guys like that ****** kid on tv... who sings like he's got no balls...
nowadays u never know...
Quote by GuitarManNick

and yeah apart from that lessons thing, what u could do is... instead of improving ur voice.... just try to sing like complete shit.. and join/start a punk band....

If you....can't...do it....give up....

Love the message there - but many punk bands have good singers so it renders the advice a bit pointless.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
If you....can't...do it....give up....

Love the message there - but many punk bands have good singers so it renders the advice a bit pointless.

no dont get me wrong... punk does have good singers too.... but it sounds much better with shitty vocals...
Not too bad. Like everyone said some sprucing up but good start.
And you could always have a chance to do something with singing if you keep at it. Cheezy, I know, especially since I suck at singing myself, but the way I figure it if my 70-year-old art professor could learn how to sing and perform in the choir (learned at 70 I mean) then damn why can't anyone?

Everything Can Be Beaten
Quote by GuitarManNick
no dont get me wrong... punk does have good singers too.... but it sounds much better with shitty vocals...

Kinda going off topic but I totally disagree. I think punk sounds a lot better with good singers. I'm fine with mediocre punk vocalists but AT LEAST staying in key is a must regardless of genre. IMO at least.
Quote by shortyafter
Kinda going off topic but I totally disagree. I think punk sounds a lot better with good singers. I'm fine with mediocre punk vocalists but AT LEAST staying in key is a must regardless of genre. IMO at least.

Yes I disagree too. I would go so far to say that all genres sound better with good vocals rather than shitty ones.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
In actual advice, I'd say try not to be so breathy. I think for some reason girls tend to think that if they sing in a breathy voice it'll sound better, but that is absolutely not the case. Be confident and powerful and for all we know you could turn out to actually be a really good singer.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by GuitarManNick

I actually kind of agree with you. I'd take Aus-Rotten, Leftover Crack, Minor Threat, or Rancid over a band like Bad Religion or AFI any day.

I guess The Misfits (Danzig era) are a big exception.
but AFI has a kickass singer =(

and yeah just like most guys push too much most girls start off singing too light and breathy so you mostly just need to work on getting power in your voice, you seem to be in-key and have a nice tone but it just sounds like you're intentionally being quiet cause you don't want people to hear you. check out those eric arcenaux vids, especially that belting/singing with intensity one he did.
See, the guy from Minor threat, from a technical perspective, is an awful singer. But he DOES stay IN TUNE! THAT is the important thing.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.