Quick!

So I was at lunch today when I noticed a pawn shop that I've never been too before. There were guitars in the window; this intrigued me so I went inside.

After looking around I spotted an ISP decimator on one of the shelves. Oddly, it was marked at $50.00 US currency. I asked the owner about it, and he offered to sell it to me for $30.00! I told him I'd consider it and be back later.

I have to catch a bus at 3:45 so I'd be grateful for any responses between now and then. Should I bite and buy it? He's willing to test it on the amps in the store to make sure it 'lights up', but I doubt I'll really get to see if it's actually 'functional.' Looking at it myself, it's really dirty and it seems to have some odd gunk right around the adjustment knob.

I only use a blues junior now, but I plan on getting a peavey 6505 112 combo soon and an Isp would go great with that, especially for $30!
i've never heard of ISPs... but if any1 offered me a guitar for 30$ i'd definitely take it!

i mean even if the pickups n etc suck... u can always replace them...
this is the risk you take when you buy used equipment

save money on equipment that may or may not work

theres really no way to advise, if you are hesitant on these things, used gear is not something you should be trying if you want to play it safe.

$30 is 3 hours of work for some people(before or after taxes) so if your money/time is valuable
I'd get it. Even if its not that great its another guitar to add to your collection. Can't have to many right
For all of you people above me, it's a noise gate for Christ's sake, not a guitar!

I'd get it.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
For all of you people above me, it's a noise gate for Christ's sake, not a guitar!

I'd get it.

I was so happy to see 5 responses but as I started reading them I was seriously disappointed up until your post....thank you.

To the rest of you

ITS THE ISP DECIMATOR NOISE REDUCTION PEDAL!!!!!
Quote by JagerSlushy

I'd get it.

This.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by GuitarManNick
it can be like ur fuk around guitar

lrn2google
Wow... nice work guys. You might be thinking of ESP guitars... retards.

(PS - Another R-word for that counter thing)
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
For $30, the reward is well worth the risk. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Favorite Guitars I play: 1960 Les Paul Custom Reissue, Parker Deluxe Fly Mojo, Ibanez Jem 77V

Amps: VHT Pittbull UltraLead 120, Marsahll JVM410H, ISP Theta 300W
Quote by seattlejon

Yea this is the way I'm leaning. After all, on musician's friend the pedal is $137.00 so I'd be making a great deal.

The real question is: why the **** did the isp in the shop have a sticker on it for $50.00?

The owner's clearly not a musician though, so he has no idea how much he could actually charge for the thing
Is someone offered me a $135 pedal for $30, I'd be only concerned about if I need that functionality and if it works. And even if I didn't need it I'd proobably buy it if it worked.
dude. get it, they are like 120$ new.

even if it is broken, you can tap into that shit and fix it for probably a couple bucks.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Btw, I've seen on here often that many of you are very skilled at bargaining for lower prices. (Guitar Center has never once let me bargain them down....not once...) Is it worth trying to pressure him to bring it to $25? $20? If he thinks the pedal is worth $50 brand new, I could point out the nasty garbage on it and possibly drop the price a little more right?
Quote by fly135
^^LOL... Dang thang keeps cutt'n out. Must be a bad solder joint.

Haha exactly! I should plug it in, set the gate to max, and then start complaining! Maybe I can get it for 10?!

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I've been convinced and I'll be buying it in about 20 minutes. When I get home I'll clean it up and test it through my rig.
Hell, I would buy it for 50.00 ....those are prob one of the best noise gates you can buy on the market today.

used they usually go for 100.00 or more.

Just make sure it works and you are good to go, take home clean up and if you don't like it you can sell it for 100.00 bucks.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by JagerSlushy

I'd get it.

Almost fell out of my chair
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Definitely play it first...when my ISP went out on me, it would work fine for awhile, then start cutting in and out...it was like a tremolo effect.
Quote by seattlejon

i miss the days where i could think like that

takes too much time to make $30 of disposable income
Haha! I just got home and put the pedal through some testing....I'm pretty impressed so far!

The owner gave me a 9volt for free during the purchase, but I ditched that and hooked it up to my rig with my One-Spot. Because I have a blues junior with no effects loop, my signal chain became: guitar > buddyguy wah > v2 jekyll and hyde > isp decimator > amp. Because I'm short on cables, I had to leave out my v2 h20 during the test, although it never added noise to my signal anyway.

Because my rig is awesome, it was already really quiet. However, setting the isp only about a quarter of the way up killed any remaining noise that I could scarcely hear before. When playing through my strat I only had to turn up the isp about 35% in order to get rid of all single coil/60 cycle hum. This purchase was definitely worth it.

The only weird thing I've noticed so far is the stomping, although I've never really messed with pedals that have these kinds of stomp switches (aka boss pedals) so I may just be screwing up. After removing the 9volt, I think I screwed the lid down correctly, but the pedal now only requires a VERY SLIGHT touch to activate the effect. Sitting a hamster on top of the pedal is all it takes to turn it on and off, but this is fine because so far it's never changed when I didn't want it to.
Might be one of the early Decimators that had that static noise problem after you palm mute........?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Might be one of the early Decimators that had that static noise problem after you palm mute........?

I haven't had any noise issues, I was just saying that the stomping is very sensitive. I think this might be because I screwed the lid on too far idk. I'll fiddle with it.

The pedal handles the noise perfectly.

Now, because it's in front of the amp, it doesn't eliminate noise from the amp (there is some). It does however kill all noise from my jekyll and hyde (when I set both sides of the pedal to maximum distortion) as well as all the noise from my guitars.

EDIT: btw, guess how much I paid?

After a little haggling...final price......$23.00 US
you SOB!!! plus a 9V adapter!
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by Sputnik1
you SOB!!! plus a 9V adapter!

Well to be correct he included a 9 volt battery, not an adapter .

Nonetheless, compared to the musician's friend price of $137.00.....

let's just say I LOVE PAWN SHOPS