I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm new here. Anyways. I'm planning on purchasing a Marshall MG412A 4x12 Angled Guitar Speaker Cabinet. This is my first speaker cabinet. Until then, all i have used are MG Series Combo Amps. I also have a BOSS ME-20 Multi-Effect processor that i constantly use instead of the combo's effects. The processor has a 2 R-Output-L/Mono, which i've used for my other amps to work as speakers. My question is this is, is there a way that i might use 1 output in the processor to plug in the Marshall MG412A, and use the other one for a Combo? Since i don't have a head of the Marshall MG412A, i'm hoping that by plugging in a MG Combo, it might substitute it as far as a clean channel goes. Please don't leave me comments such as "Don't buy Marshall." Thank You for your time.
i don't think you'll be able to do it with out stripping the amp down, unlike heads or tube amps, the speakers are normally wired to the circuit board in amps such as the mg
Quote by britishsligean
i don't think you'll be able to do it with out stripping the amp down, unlike heads or tube amps, the speakers are normally wired to the circuit board in amps such as the mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHghFaNpyUk.

Do you see when he unplugged the head to the Speaker and then plugged it again? Would it work if connected the input cable of my MG, and instead of connecting it to my guitar, i connect it to the Speaker cabinet? Or better yet...connect the multi-processor to the back? I only want the cabinet for louder sound.
are you wanting to give the combo an external speaker jack? because that'll do what you are wanting and it's extremely easy to do.

what you'd do is wire the speaker to the jack in such a way that when you stick a plug in there the output is diverted to the cable and so the internal speaker shuts off. unplug and its back to stock, all without mutilating the amp.
Quote by Invader Jim
are you wanting to give the combo an external speaker jack? because that'll do what you are wanting and it's extremely easy to do.

what you'd do is wire the speaker to the jack in such a way that when you stick a plug in there the output is diverted to the cable and so the internal speaker shuts off. unplug and its back to stock, all without mutilating the amp.

i'm not sure i quiet understand but it sound sorta like it. I was told that a plain speaker cabinet would not make any sound what so ever, even if i had the multi-processor connected to it. That a head was required for it to make a sound. I've never used my Combo's overdriver/cruch only clean, and my multi-proccessor does the rest of the sound. So i thought, since i can connect 2 amps to my multi-proccessor. Would i be able to connect my combo to the proccessor or the speaker and have it act as a head so that it would make sound? And then use the proccessor in the same way i use it with my combo?
a speaker cab is just a box of speakers. a multi-fx doesnt have the output to drive a speaker alone.

what im saying is use tha amp as normal but you plug the speaker output into the cab. you are basically turning the combo into a head as long as the external speaker jack has a plug in it. you can plug into any speaker or cab you want. unplug the external speaker and it is back to being a combo.

im making this as simple as i can.
Quote by Invader Jim
a speaker cab is just a box of speakers. a multi-fx doesnt have the output to drive a speaker alone.

what im saying is use tha amp as normal but you plug the speaker output into the cab. you are basically turning the combo into a head as long as the external speaker jack has a plug in it. you can plug into any speaker or cab you want. unplug the external speaker and it is back to being a combo.

im making this as simple as i can.

Alright i'll give it a shot. Thx