Yeah, the same tempo and practically the same chord progression.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Who cares, they're shitty songs by a shitty band who think they're Irish and base everything they know about Ireland on stereotypes and **** you pal.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Y'know, their lead singer is authentically Irish. Like, born in Ireland, lives in Ireland, stuff.

I mean, I don't think the rest of them are, but still.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
I base everything I know about Ireland off Oscar Wilde, so I assume they're all flamboyant homosexuals and good comedians.
Quote by MisspentYouth
Y'know, their lead singer is authentically Irish. Like, born in Ireland, lives in Ireland, stuff.

I mean, I don't think the rest of them are, but still.

But he sings in a false accent
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Who cares, they're shitty songs by a shitty band who think they're Irish and base everything they know about Ireland on stereotypes and **** you pal.

I think the Dropkick Murphys are closer to that description.

Quote by RizzoWashburn
There are millions of people who are authentically Irish. They don't play in shitty bands making money off of jocks buying into this faux-Irish pride.

Especially this
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
But he sings in a false accent
How can you have a false accent if you're Irish?

Plus, he has an accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcOj6fqJ0Y

Now I'm not a Flogging Molly fan, but d00d is Irish.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
How can you have a false accent if you're Irish?

Plus, he has an accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcOj6fqJ0Y

Now I'm not a Flogging Molly fan, but d00d is Irish.

Yeah, but listen to him when he's singing, he sings with a grossly exaggerated accent yet he uses American pronunciations of words and it sounds really awkward to listen to especially if you're Irish.

That accent is put on really heavily when he sings and it doesnt sound right at all.
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
I think his accent comes from living in America for so long, it changes it and words are pronounced in a more american style, and you cant really help it. Maybe his accent just comes out more when he sings? I noticed it happened with a couple different Irish singers too, like Darren Holden, from the High Kings.

Quote by Lots O' FX
I think the Dropkick Murphys are closer to that description.

Especially this

I don't even think Dropkick has a song about Ireland, besides the covers of traditional Irish songs they do, so they're not really basing songs off of stereotypes of Ireland.
Quote by Kruchefski
I think his accent comes from living in America for so long, it changes it and words are pronounced in a more american style, and you cant really help it. Maybe his accent just comes out more when he sings? I noticed it happened with a couple different Irish singers too, like Darren Holden, from the High Kings.

Yeah, when he sings he tries to sound more Irish but it sounds strange
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
He sings the way he does because that's how he wants to sing. He thinks it sounds cool, and that's all that matters since he's the singer. It's kind of like tone for guitar. I might not think someone's tone sounds good, but they do.
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Why does it matter? The band sucks anyways.

I concour
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
The band tries to be Irish sounding, but I mean how close can America get. You can't expect everything perfect and their main audience doesn't even speak gaelic. I think the band is great because of their sound and lyrics, but I can't have an irish perspective, cause i'm only like a quarter irish and i've never been to Ireland.
^ that right there is why I don't wanna go back to America. RIGHT THERE.

EVERYONE'S A ****ING QUARTER SOMETHING. **** YOU, YOU'RE NOT. YOU'RE ****ING AMERICAN, YOU HAVE NO CULTURAL HERITAGE TO IRELAND, GERMANY, ENGLAND OR WHATEVER HONKEY ASS PLACE YOU COME FROM. YOU'RE A ****ING AMERICAN, SO STOP COMING OVER HERE AND TRYING TO "CONNECT WITH YOUR ROOTS" COS THEY'RE NOT ****ING HERE!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
^ that right there is why I don't wanna go back to America. RIGHT THERE.

EVERYONE'S A ****ING QUARTER SOMETHING. **** YOU, YOU'RE NOT. YOU'RE ****ING AMERICAN, YOU HAVE NO CULTURAL HERITAGE TO IRELAND, GERMANY, ENGLAND OR WHATEVER HONKEY ASS PLACE YOU COME FROM. YOU'RE A ****ING AMERICAN, SO STOP COMING OVER HERE AND TRYING TO "CONNECT WITH YOUR ROOTS" COS THEY'RE NOT ****ING HERE!

Quote by RockThe40oz
Go back to Alabama, cry baby.

trying having these assholes tell you how ****ing Italian they are for 2 years and see how it feels.

Seriously though, that was drinking whiskey at work talking. But America seems like a worse and worse place to go back to. I'm in a place where I can watch America news and it seems like it's just gone to shit and all the people I meet from American on a daily basis can't stop telling me how awesome it is... and how they can't wait to go back downrange and kill more sand******s.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Well to be fair, watching the news doesn't necessarily give you an accurate picture of what America is like.
My parents are traditional Irish musicians, they play traditional Celtic stuff because it's what they grew up around at home and they've made their living with it. They don't have the same accent that someone who stayed on the rock would, but they have accents nonetheless because of them moving here later on, and it is their heritage nonetheless. They have much right to it as anyone else, and in fact the Irish government recognizes that with people who are first or second generation in another country are entitled to citizenship.

Sure, people throw around Irish culture like it's hokey dokey bullshit but there's nothing wrong with being proud of your ancestry and appreciating your heritage. Maybe you don't have the appreciation of it, but it's not your ****ing business to tell someone else how they should observe and respect what ultimately brought them to where they are. Does that mean people who wear green on St. Patricks Day and think The Troubles are still going on are right just because its "cool" and they read a wikipedia article one time? No. In the same vein, just because you weren't born in Ireland doesn't mean that you don't have a right to appreciate and learn about where you come from. And in fact if you think that way you obviously don't actually understand Ireland's history, even if you do live there.

Jesus Christ some of you are stupid.
Last edited by di4gram at Jul 8, 2010,
I mean for **** sake. A punk forum complaining about adopting a sound to market your band. Are you ****ing serious?
Quote by di4gram
My parents are traditional Irish musicians, they play traditional Celtic stuff because it's what they grew up around at home and they've made their living with it. They don't have the same accent that someone who stayed on the rock would, but they have accents nonetheless because of them moving here later on, and it is their heritage nonetheless. They have much right to it as anyone else, and in fact the Irish government recognizes that with people who are first or second generation in another country are entitled to citizenship.

Sure, people throw around Irish culture like it's hokey dokey bullshit but there's nothing wrong with being proud of your ancestry and appreciating your heritage. Maybe you don't have the appreciation of it, but it's not your ****ing business to tell someone else how they should observe and respect what ultimately brought them to where they are. Does that mean people who wear green on St. Patricks Day and think The Troubles are still going on are right just because its "cool" and they read a wikipedia article one time? No. In the same vein, just because you weren't born in Ireland doesn't mean that you don't have a right to appreciate and learn about where you come from. And in fact if you think that way you obviously don't actually understand Ireland's history, even if you do live there.

Jesus Christ some of you are stupid.

Who cares. They suck.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
AntiFlag are about as punk as Justin Lame's excuse for a mohawk.

i.e. really gay.
You're free to think whatever you want, but I think it's ri-goddamn-diculous to say that they have no business playing Celtic-influenced music because they don't live in Ireland or whatever slightly-altered version of that reasoning was being put forward.
Quote by di4gram
You're free to think whatever you want, but I think it's ri-goddamn-diculous to say that they have no business playing Celtic-influenced music because they don't live in Ireland or whatever slightly-altered version of that reasoning was being put forward.

their lyrics are so stereotypical its almost offensive, i have a right to be pissed off
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg