Hi seniors, this is my first thread at UG

im now getting a new guitar, this would be my 2nd guitar of my life since my ex-axe is a Chinese made non branded crappy strat copy, which neck is recently broken...
my new gear will properly be one of them : MBM2 / RGA72QM

the big reason I sort them out is because I dont like guitar with whammy bar

Here in the local music store around i can get them new, and with almost same price!
its the reason set me being into a struggle

so can I have your opinion on them? which of them would you prefer? Thanks a lot!

note:
i mainly play metal, & i like extreme metal bands (list a little:Amon Amarth, Bloodbath, Ensiferum, Ihsahn, and something like them) but sometime i would jam with my friend to play some softer music like Brit rock or else.

Cheers!
RGA, do it.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
RGA, do it.

Hi
and whats the reason behind your suggestion?
I just want to know more about how people think of the choices
If you like active pups,the MBM2 for sure..I wont think about it twice ,just get the MBM2

the LZ pups on the RGA are shit..
Quote by archenemyfan
If you like active pups,the MBM2 for sure..I wont think about it twice ,just get the MBM2

the LZ pups on the RGA are shit..

yea i like active, and i can hardly find comment about the LZ pups...
and i am not yet have a chance to try them out plug thru an amp,

I am wondering if the LZ pups good just because they use LZ on their prestige RGA too, tho i am quite sure the EMG is a better way to go as pickup choices.

MBM2 get EMG, and RGA72QM get set neck, both of them attracting me id like to collect more opinion from you seniors!
btw thanks Fan of Arch Enemy\m/
Quote by lkh19871987
yea i like active, and i can hardly find comment about the LZ pups...
and i am not yet have a chance to try them out plug thru an amp,

I am wondering if the LZ pups good just because they use LZ on their prestige RGA too, tho i am quite sure the EMG is a better way to go as pickup choices.

MBM2 get EMG, and RGA72QM get set neck, both of them attracting me id like to collect more opinion from you seniors!
btw thanks Fan of Arch Enemy\m/

no problem,

But I'd stay away LZ's

and also the pups on the RGA prestiges are different =..they are made in japan,whereas these are made in indo (must be)

the neck heel on the MBM2 wont be much of a problem,after all,all their high end guitars come with bolt on necks..

also the MBM2 has gotoh tuners,and they are much better than stock ibz tuners
Find a used RG500+ or a S500+ and block the trem. More bang for your buck IMHO.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
its not easy to find used guitar here... really

btw hey, I rush to the music store again today and found that there is one more possibility for me that i missed it before - the MTM2
it get a little bit cheaper than the MBM2 in price. So, again, would it be a good choice to me too? also make it compare to the other choices. Thanks!
Quote by SilverRock113
I would go for the RGA

is there any specific reason makes you get this decision?
both are great guitars. it mainly comes down to if you want a set neck or not. if so, then the RGA it is. cause even though people bash the LZ's, i like them, but then again i dont like EMG's. and you can always replace them. but if you dont care, or your like me and prefer bolt-ons, then go with the MBM. the EMG's will do an awesome job for metal and like archenemyfan said the Gotoh tuners will be a nice added touch. if you dont mind me asking whats the prices on the guitars?
Quote by lp_dude_2
both are great guitars. it mainly comes down to if you want a set neck or not. if so, then the RGA it is. cause even though people bash the LZ's, i like them, but then again i dont like EMG's. and you can always replace them. but if you dont care, or your like me and prefer bolt-ons, then go with the MBM. the EMG's will do an awesome job for metal and like archenemyfan said the Gotoh tuners will be a nice added touch. if you dont mind me asking whats the prices on the guitars?

thanks!

make a conversion to USD,
the BMB2 is ~ $577,
the RGA is ~ $565,
and the MTM2 is ~ $500

clearly that the MTM is way cheaper than the others, and has a best appearance among them(for me), but I dont know if the Edge III Fixed bridge will work fine on it, cuz i heard a lot of bads about the Edge III...also lacking reviews on that HB-105MT pickup, i cant even find any information on the seymour duncan's website. But as you said, i can replace them afterward, if i like to.
well you also gotta remember theres a difference between the Edge III and its fixed bridge brother. think of the Edge III Fixed as a normal guitar with just fine tuners on the bridge. i personally think its stupid, if you've got good enough tuners on the head stock its not necessary, plus trems always seem to get in the way of my playing. but thats just me. if you want the MTM go for it, the fixed version of the Edge III is fine, not the highest quality metal, but it will keep tune nicely. and like always you can change the pick ups. regardless of which you pick youll be getting a good guitar
Quote by lp_dude_2
well you also gotta remember theres a difference between the Edge III and its fixed bridge brother. think of the Edge III Fixed as a normal guitar with just fine tuners on the bridge. i personally think its stupid, if you've got good enough tuners on the head stock its not necessary, plus trems always seem to get in the way of my playing. but thats just me. if you want the MTM go for it, the fixed version of the Edge III is fine, not the highest quality metal, but it will keep tune nicely. and like always you can change the pick ups. regardless of which you pick youll be getting a good guitar

thanks again

i think i am getting MBM/MTM more than the RGA
btw, neither Slipknot and Shadows Fall, I dont like them. But their guitars attract me. interesting
same here, i'm goin for a mtm2 but i don't really consider slipknot as one of my favorite bands. that is one nice guitar though imo. same with the mbm2, i don't really like shadows fall, but that's a nice guitar. look past the names, a guitar is a guitar.
go for the rga...even though you can't go wrong with mbm2 also...but the mtm2 is less quality if u ask me...i actually have the rga right now and it's perfect ..only one thing ,,when you wanna play clean you have to scroll down the volume knobe a little to soung amazing again...but as u mentioned you are into metal..and here is a simple operation : metal=rga72qm.... you feel like shredding in the minute you hold this guitar ...super fast neck...looks great (i have a transparent lavender burst) and well the pups are fine for me...it s active man!you feel like you are collaborating with your guitar...i think the same think about speed goes for the mtm2 because it is ibanez the ultimate metal machine...and well try them both and forget the third choice...as i said i d go for the rga...
necrobump?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Try both, the playability and the fealing of the RGA and the mbm2 isn't the same