So I currently love my tone, but I noticed at our last show, my guitar has a hard time cutting through the mix. Its almost always on the clean channel with a little bit of break-up with my telecaster. (Alternative/Indie Rock)

Basically, I want to brighten/round up my sound while cutting through the mix more. Should I adjust the bright caps (or whatnot) in my amp, or get a COMPRESSION or an EQ pedal.

If you could, recommend some pedals in the <$150 area. Thanks
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Last edited by Rockerdude135 at Jun 29, 2010,
Cutting through the mix usually involves more mids. Even though it might not sound good when you play by your own, it can sound awesome in a band situation.
I havn't replaced the stock speakers, would that really help?

btw, im using a 50 watt crate vc, and theres not a mid control on the clean channel
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
How do you know you're not cutting through the mix? Did the audience tell you? Your monitors/stage volume don't reflect anything...

If you really do need to cut in more, make sure your volume is where it needs to be. Otherwise, you have a few options

Speakers swap to something with more mids. Celestion v30 or wgs vet30 are a good place to start

EQ your amp for more mids. If you need to, put an EQ pedal in your loop and bring up the mids ,and some a little highs. Check out the mxr 6 or 10 band

You can also look into a clean boost to use for your leads. I recommend the catalinbread super chili picoso