I just got a Spider I and I've noticed that my wah and distortion aren't playing as clearly through it. How do I fix this? I'm playing on the clean setting and my wah isn't as defined and my distortion is more sludgy OD than piercing distortion.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by CGB89
I just got a Spider I and I've noticed that my wah and distortion aren't playing as clearly through it. How do I fix this? I'm playing on the clean setting and my wah isn't as defined and my distortion is more sludgy OD than piercing distortion.

You're running standalone stompboxes through an obsolete model of an obsolete line of modeling amps...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
This.

Why would you buy one? No one hear recommends them, 3 models later and they're sill rubbish.

It was cheap.

And before anyone remembers the previous thread I had, that was actually my friend that had $4000. He uses my account when he has a gear question.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Where did you come across a Spider 1?

And why in the hell did you buy it?

I'm sure you hear the bad about the Spider line all the time on here, and now the Spider IV is out.. What took over your mind and persuaded you to buy the original line of P.O.S. amps?

I don't mean to insult you, but..
I would not pay over $20 for any spider, regardless. Even then I'd only do it if it was a 120 watt for $20... And only for lulz.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I fixed it now. Sounds alright.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Quote by CGB89
I just got a Spider I

Problem found.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

you people do realize that the spider I sounded better than any of the later models right? no, you are just simple bandwaggoners? ah, gotcha.

that said, it isnt a super amp or anything. but my experience was that it was better than the spider II, III and IV. it gives versitility, some decent sounds and is a nice vessel for practicing.

anyway, glad you got things working again dude