Hey guys!
Today, actually a few hours ago my amp's distortion channel broke, i am now unable to switch between clean and distorted sound. So luckily i have birthay in the upcoming month, which means gifts.
Still im wondering if i should wish/buy a brand new amp, or get me a distortion pedal instead? What would give me the best distorted sound?
My amp is atm: Peavey Blazer 158 (shitty yes yes)

Im thinking about either getting the "Peavey Vypyr 15" OR the Boss-SD1 pedal (http://www.thomann.de/dk/boss_sd1_super_overdrive.htm
So there is of course a price difference.
Well, what would be the best in the long run? Sooner or later i guess i'll have to get a new amp instead, so im thinking the pedal. But i'd like to have your advices, as im not pretty much into the whole pedal/amp world. xD

(Please dont tell me to buy a huge marshall amp or some crazy guitar pedal, my skill level atm doesn't require that gear. But other suggestions is of course appreciated)

Thanks!
What kind of distortion tones are you looking for? Specific bands would be good to know. There's a difference between overdrive pedals and distortion pedals.
What is your birthday budget?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Its a bit expensive but the best distortion pedal I've ever used is Damage Control Solid Metal pedal. Very versitile and has a very good sound.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by KrisHQ
Well, what would be the best in the long run? Sooner or later i guess i'll have to get a new amp instead, so im thinking the pedal.

I don't get your logic. You're saying a new amp is better in the long run (which is right), but still you're going for a pedal? You'll want a new amp when your ear develops more and the Vypyr is a pretty good amp for practising.
Get a new amp, you'll thank me later.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by jtn191
and if you read the op, he already HAS the vypyr. V troll

No he doesn't quit flaming other people when you don't even know what your talking about. TS get the new amp. It'll be a much better investment.
get the vypyr
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100