Hi.
I have planning to buy a new guitar.I live in south asia.LTDs & IBANEZ is the most available guitar brand in our country.
My budget in under $700.
I am stuck between two choices.

ESP LTD M-300FM Electric Guitar Features: ($599)

* Neck-thru
* 25-1/2" scale
* Maple neck
* Extra-thin, flat neck contour
* Mahogany body with flamed maple top
* Rosewood fretboard with 24 extra-jumbo frets
* 43mm nut
* EMG 81 pickup set
* Floyd Rose Special bridge
* Volume, 3-way switch, tone controls
* ESP tuners
* Black nickel hardware
* Polyurethane finish

& ANOTHER

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos Electric Guitar Features: ($699)

* Mahogany body
* Maple/walnut 5-ply neck
* Wizard II thru-neck
* Bound rosewood fingerboard
* 24 jumbo frets
* 25.5" scale
* Reverse sharktooth inlays
* Edge III tremolo bridge
* U.S.A.-made DiMarzio D Activator humbuckers
* Volume, tone, 3-way pickup toggle

So please guys help me to decide whice 1 to get. The ESP's tremolo will be better than Ibanez edge III i guess.I play metal.But body shape in not an issue.

Which guitar will have better playability,nice tone & more comfortable?

If you have any other suggestion under $ 700 budget within the IBANEZ & esp LTD brand you can give it to me.

If you will give some detail explanation which 1 to get & why it will be very helpful for me. ( necks,,,tremolos,,,pickups)

Thanks for your time
Will be waiting for you reply.
I have heard that those Ibanezs have neck dive problems. Im not sure if they fixed it but I heard the dive is pretty bad.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I'd get the Xiphos, no doubt.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Well I'm guessing you play mostly metal, so the EMG's will be better pickups than the D activators, which are hated on by some. Floyd Rose for sure is better on the ESP so my vote goes there as well. Only other difference is the neck so I suggest you try them out first. The ESP IMO has a more comfortable neck than Ibanez as they are thicker.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
The LTD would be much better for metal which I think is what your playing given your choices. The EMG's and Floyd are much better than the D activators and edge bridge regardless though
Quote by sammo_boi
Well I'm guessing you play mostly metal, so the EMG's will be better pickups than the D activators, which are hated on by some. Floyd Rose for sure is better on the ESP so my vote goes there as well. Only other difference is the neck so I suggest you try them out first. The ESP IMO has a more comfortable neck than Ibanez as they are thicker.

Tss, EMG's are hated by more people then the DiMarzios. And the Ibanez neck is also faster.

TS, both are good guitars, you should try them, and see which one suits you better.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
Tss, EMG's are hated by more people then the DiMarzios. And the Ibanez neck is also faster.

Yeah I realised when I wrote it that someone would say this. EMG's are hated by some passive purists. D activators just aren't great pickups IMO. Too high output for a passive pickup. Anyway, this discussion could go on for hours.

Saying that Ibanez necks are faster is bullshit however
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I have tried them both..Its gonna sound strange.But i liked both of them in the guitar store.
Xiphos neck wont be a problem.Its strap button is relocated in the newer models.
Buy fingers are also big.Wizard II neck of Xiphos felt a little thin to me.
I am asking you guys because you have way more experience than i have. So you experience will help me not to regret in the long run.
My current guitar is WARLOCK BRONZE i hate it....
currently i play through a line 6 spider III 15 wat amp.I will buy a MFX & will be starting to do some local shows in a couple of months.
So if you guys will give me some more detailed explanation to choose which 1 & why it would be really helpful.
Thanks
Dude you have the m200fm.. m300fm is just the upgraded EMG 81 version.
So you will be able to tell the overall feel of the guitar in the long run.Are you completely happy with it?
What abot the Floyd rose special?
How long does it hold tune after abusing the tremolo?

I heard that floyd rose special is just made in CHINA or KOREA under the supervision of Schaller. Even the metals are same except the SUSTAIN BLOCK.
So later if i change the sustain block & the springs i will get more performance & good tone out the floyd special.
What do you think?
Ok. I am completely happy with mine. The playability of it is great, and still great after 6 months. The Floyd Rose looks and handles exactly the same as my friends guitar with an Original Floyd Rose. Rarely goes out of tune. I warn you though, you must get it (the floyd) set up by a professional or it will become a nightmare. This goes for all Floyd Roses.

Are you planning on buying a new amp anytime soon? Because EMG's probably won't sound great through your amp you have now. They are just not designed to play through cheap solid state amps.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Hey!!
I dont know what amp will i buy.In our country people rarely buy any AMP HEAD.They buy MFX units and play them through the cabinets.
Only amp heads which are available is Line 6 HD147 & high end Marshalls.

Most of the established heavy metal bands use Marshall AMPs & CABINETS.

I think i will buy a MFX unit to play through the clean channel & to use live.
i dont have that kind of budget to buy Line 6 HD147 or Marshall head...(

What kind of MFX unit will be good to handle the EMG 81s perfectly you think ?
POD or BOSS or ZOOM ?

BTW you have a LANEY GH100L.Mikael & Opeth uses that..I am jealous ...:P
Probably a POD XT LIVE. If you play that through the PA at gigs it will sound sweet.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Alright, your main differences are the shapes, pickups and the bridges. I'm pretty confident the bridge on the LTD is better than the Ibanez, since Edge 3's are known for their low quality. The other two main aspects (shape and pickups) are really a matter of which you favor.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I disagree with sammyboi, EMGs get a pretty hard rap as being sterile, especially the 81, the d-activators sound great and are supposed to provide active power whilst being passive.
the trem on the esp is far superior to the ibanez trem, but the pickups are purely a matter of taste. there's no such thing as a passive pickup with too much output because that's the point of the d-activator. they want people to have that high output sound with needing active pickups. i would take an emg 85 over them however. that pickup is money with the right setup.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I am still confused about the pickups.LTD's bridge is better thats sure.Body shape is not an issue.
But D activaotre vs EMG 81 ?

I haven't played them enough or won't get enough chance to understand the full difference between both pickups or to understand their full potential.
None of my close friends have D activator or EMG 81 in their guitar.

So from now on you guys please be more specific about d activator or EMG 81...

PLEASE SUGGEST ME A GOOD mfx UNIT BETWEEN POD,BOSS & ZOOM (up to $500)
crystalion r u from BD? :p

Well, I used the Xiphos and the only problem was its shitty tremolo... otherwise its great. The D Activators are really versatile.

Both the guitars you are mentioned are pretty much same except the bridge and pickups. If you play only metal than EMG is for you. But with D Activators you can have other sound preferances. And the bridge on ESP is definitely better.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
crystalion r u from BD? :p

Well, I used the Xiphos and the only problem was its shitty tremolo... otherwise its great. The D Activators are really versatile.

Both the guitars you are mentioned are pretty much same except the bridge and pickups. If you play only metal than EMG is for you. But with D Activators you can have other sound preferances. And the bridge on ESP is definitely better.

He he.You are right metaler.
I am from BD.

Confusing confusing. i can't decide. I mostly play metal.But sometimes i need other sounds too.
Tell me something about your BOSS GT 10. How's the distortion quality of this thing?
Do you use it for gig?
Some people tell that ZOOM G9.2tt is better than BOSS GT 10 in terms of effects.
Is it true?
My GT-10 is completely new so I have not yet discovered even 10% of it. By the way according to reviews, peoples opinions and my little idea, GT10 is great for effects but it lacks in distortion and amp models. Good for soloing but for riffs and rhythms its kinda harsh-sounding. If you want thrashy distorted riffs then go for POD X3 Live. I dont have idea about Zoom. GT10 is a very versatile unit but a very complex one to configure. Whereas you can get good distortions from POD easily. It is the amp models where the POD wins. For recording POD is excellent too.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
The ibanez may have a thinner and what some would call "faster" neck then the LTD

but its not gonna make you shred like Paul Gilbert