I want a program that edits pitch, and I just want to know what your guys' opinions are on both and which would be more efficient and generate overall better results.
As far as I understand Melodyne is more user-operated, while Autotune is automated based on parameters you set. I haven't had a chance to compare or use them in depth, though.

Quote by leg end
Ask any pop artist from the last 10 years...

More like every vocal artist in the past 10 years. It's used in everything, you just don't hear it all the time. When you do, it's being used deliberately wrong.
I'd also like to know. I consider myself to be a pretty good singer, but when recording harmonies, it's hard to get it sounding right if it's not spot on.
I think auto-tune sounds cool.

Haters gonna hate.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I think auto-tune sounds cool.

Haters gonna hate.

I think it does too sometimes, depends on the song.
I like autotune in music where a lot of technoish music. however you hear it a lot now in post-hardcore bands, and even new pop punk which is when i draw the line at liking it. it does sound cool though. but i want to be able to have the smooth real-sounding transitions, instead of flippy ones.