Page 1 of 2
I love it. They often broadcast them on Norwegian TV.

The books are good, as well. Totally recommended.

wholander?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Aah, thanks for reminding me. I'll try to have a look for them
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The episodes are quite long but they really are so good.

It's just sad that Johanna Sällström (who played Linda Wallander, Wallander's daughter) killed herself after acting in the first series, so isn't in the second one. The guy who writes the books was so upset by it that he couldn't imagine anybody else playing her, and wrote her character out of the books too
It's cool to see a swedish series that have kick-ass action scenes like big hollywood productions.

oh and the language is like angels singing. Might be just me though.
Quote by Consort BV
It's cool to see a swedish series that have kick-ass action scenes like big hollywood productions.

oh and the language is like angels singing. Might be just me though.

Yeah the SvenskFilmindustri produce them, and I imagine they are pretty big-budget seeing as they have had a hand in some other big films.

(I swear their logo is on the LOTR films? maybe just because I bought the DVDs in Finland though >_> )
... Seriously? This is it?

TWO PEOPLE on the whole of UG watch Wallander?

Well, I'm disappointed. Get yourselves watching it now!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

The Pit is filled with a bunch of lazy bastards, the mention of subtitles says reading, and reading is like work.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Tell me where, and I might
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Whenever I see that it's coming on NRK (the Norwegian channel where it's showed) I automatically change the channel. I don't know why, I've never actually watched it.

Maybe it's my subconscious hate for Sweden Nah just kidding.. but I think I change the channel because I judge it based on the fact that MOST Scandinavian TV shows are awful.
Well it's on BBC4 from time to time, they are showing season 2 now.

Or you could torrent it.

Or watch it on ovguide

Or watch this one on iplayer, it's the latest one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rwm3r

Quote by bendystraw
The Pit is filled with a bunch of lazy bastards, the mention of subtitles says reading, and reading is like work.

Swedish is a lot like English after a while, you don't have to concentrate that hard to understand it.

Quote by pwnerer
Whenever I see that it's coming on NRK (the Norwegian channel where it's showed) I automatically change the channel. I don't know why, I've never actually watched it.

Maybe it's my subconscious hate for Sweden Nah just kidding.. but I think I change the channel because I judge it based on the fact that MOST Scandinavian TV shows are awful.

Having seen Swedish hour on YLE in Finland I have to agree

But Wallander is really good, you should watch it next time you see it come on.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Jun 29, 2010,
Wallander is great, but it's not actually a TV-series. It's just a lot of movies released about a year apart (quite like Beck, which I think is even better).

I actually once watched all Wallander movies (some time ago, there are more of them now) in a giant Wallander marathon with a friend. Almost cured my interest for a while
Never heard of it, but I finished watching The Wire a couple of days ago and I've been looking for another TV series to watch so I might try this.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Swedish hour on YLE in Finland

I've seen that once. Great, isnt it
Quote by Samurai Chicken
Wallander is great, but it's not actually a TV-series. It's just a lot of movies released about a year apart (quite like Beck, which I think is even better).

I actually once watched all Wallander movies (some time ago, there are more of them now) in a giant Wallander marathon with a friend. Almost cured my interest for a while

Well it's almost a tv series

did you see what happened to Lindman in the end of the first one?!

Quote by sam b
I've seen that once. Great, isnt it

Well my dad's cancelled his tv subscription now so it's been a while, but I remember it being pretty godawful
I've seen this series, but I swear they all spoke english ?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
I've seen this series, but I swear they all spoke english ?

They did a crappy remake for all the english-speakers who can't read.

Stick to the swedish version, it's much better
I'm not reading this thread because somebody's bound to spoil the 2nd series.

I started watching series 2 but kept forgetting to record it.

The first series was amazing, though. In an understated, unflashy way.

Love it, glad to see other people on UG enjoying it at least >_>

Edit : And yeah stick to the Swedish version not that Kenneth Brannagh shit
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I love Wallander. Anything Swedish is pretty cool really.

Also series 2 is on iplayer.
Bah.

I've only seen like 2 from the new series so I can't speak for spoilers but I don't think that much has changed really, I think you could pick up at any episode.

Although the last of the first series makes that not true, and watching the first series out-of-sync proves very confusing regarding Linda's bodyweight

ooh, bitchy... I swear the actress was actually pregnant or something though
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Bah.

I've only seen like 2 from the new series so I can't speak for spoilers but I don't think that much has changed really, I think you could pick up at any episode.

Although the last of the first series makes that not true, and watching the first series out-of-sync proves very confusing regarding Linda's bodyweight

ooh, bitchy... I swear the actress was actually pregnant or something though

She killed herself IRL in 2007
Since I'm Swedish I have seen a lot (possibly all) episodes of Wallander. They show them like once a week here.
ಠ_ಠ
/▌
/ \
Quote by Pagan-Pie
She killed herself IRL in 2007

I know

She did have a baby though. I read somewhere it was because she was caught up in the Tsunami and never really came to terms with all the death and horror she saw, she only survived because she held onto her baby with one hand and a tree with the other
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I know

She did have a baby though. I read somewhere it was because she was caught up in the Tsunami and never really came to terms with all the death and horror she saw, she only survived because she held onto her baby with one hand and a tree with the other

Oof, that is tough.

Thought she was brilliant in Wallander. And seeing her last episode... yeah.
I seen an episode of it on BBC4 ages ago and it was pretty sweet, forgot to watch it again though.

There was a documentary on thee BBC about Wallander and the books not that long ago and it looks as though the BBC is making their own Wallander series but it's going to be in English but it's still being filmed in Sweden so yeah, I need to keep an eye out for it. I just like listening to Swedish so it's already starting with a handicap though.

edit: I just checked the beebs websitye and series 2 is the BBC one but they show the Swedish one as well /confusion
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Last edited by WaitWhat? at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by WaitWhat?
I seen an episode of it on BBC4 ages ago and it was pretty sweet, forgot to watch it again though.

There was a documentary on thee BBC about Wallander and the books not that long ago and it looks as though the BBC is making their own Wallander series but it's going to be in English but it's still being filmed in Sweden so yeah, I need to keep an eye out for it. I just like listening to Swedish so it's already starting with a handicap though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(British_TV_series)

The BBC already released their version on BBC1 in 2008, it's shit compared to the original.

The BBC also show/showed the original on BBC4. Much better
Ill take a looksie. Im American, so I doubt itll be on any of the tv channels, but I bet I can find it online. Broaden the humor spectrum and what not!

Quote by fearofthemark

wholander?

Well if no one else did, I giggled
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Love both the Swedish and english versions, although I prefer the Swedish one.

I keep meaning to see if I can get the Swedish ones on DVD....
Fassa you can, if you can't find them in the shops you can get them from Antilla online with Finnish named episodes

And yaay series 1 ^__^
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Fassa you can, if you can't find them in the shops you can get them from Antilla online with Finnish named episodes

And yaay series 1 ^__^

Hvala!
Page 1 of 2