I'm buying a Bass Guitar and I don't have an amp.
I have an electric guitar and an amp but i don't got the money atm to buy a bass amp
will it work for the time being? (week or two)

or would it destroy my guitar amp?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
It wouldn't damage the amp, but it will slightly damage the speaker.
Personally I would use it, because it's only being slightly abused for two weeks, and I doubt it would ever come to anything, but that's just my opinion.
Agreed. Don't do it. You'll damage the speaker if the volume is too high. At low volumes you may be okay, but why risk it?

Play a guitar through a bass amp = yes
Play a bass through a guitar amp = no
^ You could do that.

But for only two weeks max, don't risk it.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Just play acoustically in a relatively quiet room. Two weeks won't kill you, I did it for a few months.
my friend said that it wouldn't do any damage as long as i turn the treble and mid off
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
my friend said that it wouldn't do any damage as long as i turn the treble and mid off

That's a load of rubbish, mate.

Sound is made by the speaker cones being pushed out and pulled back in. This happens to various degrees in order to make the correct note. Guitar speakers are not designed to be pushed out as far as the notes on a bass require them to. Rolling off frequencies won't do a thing to help, really. Especially rolling off mids and trebles.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's a load of rubbish, mate.

Sound is made by the speaker cones being pushed out and pulled back in. This happens to various degrees in order to make the correct note. Guitar speakers are not designed to be pushed out as far as the notes on a bass require them to. Rolling off frequencies won't do a thing to help, really. Especially rolling off mids and trebles.

What about Meshuggah and other low tuning bands?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright