Not sure if anyone here's much of a fan, but just spotted this on the Red Dwarf site:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2010/06/11/craig-speaks-out/

and of course, wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf#The_future

So apparently 2 new series are in production. Not really sure how to feel, I can see how some people considered "Back To Earth" a bit of a flop but I quite enjoyed it (although I can see its faults). Nevertheless, psyched to see what happens!

Your thoughts?
Red Dwarf is by far one of my favourite TV shows, but Back To Earth was horrible. A really, really poor effort.

I want to believe this will be good, but I just can't be anything other than apprehensive about it.
While I was happy that Red Dwarf returned for Back To Earth...If the writing is on that level for these series'...I think it could be a let down. Still, they better make a conclusion!
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Red Dwarf is by far one of my favourite TV shows, but Back To Earth was horrible. A really, really poor effort.

I want to believe this will be good, but I just can't be anything other than apprehensive about it.

Yeah i agree. I thought back to earth was really just a one off they did just for fun and for the sake of reuniting really, I wouldn't watch the new series if it was of the same quality as Back To Earth.
The new one that was on last year or so was absolutely shocking. Everything that made Red Dwarf funny in the first place had gone. It looked too polished, no canned laughter.

I also hated the fact that there was so much CGI in it, half of the reason the old Red Dwarfs were so funny, was because the sets were crappy looking and the props looked like they were made from Blue Peter. That was it's charm.

Wish they would stop bringing back old comedies and programs, leave them alone in their glory that was. Just goes to show there's bugger all original people about these days in production.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........