Anyone have any thoughts about this? Theres a fireball 60 locally that has my interest.

I think the thick saturated ENGL tone might sound awesome mixed with the aggressive mids from my MarkIV, or it might just get drained out. I'm not sure, anyone have any insight? I think for now I would run them via my Recto 4x12.

EDIT **

My Recto 4x12's stereo inputs are 4Ohms. My Mark IV has a 4ohm out, but the fireball only has 8 and 16 ohms. Do I have to re-wire the cab's jack?
/rig
Last edited by mespinos at Jun 30, 2010,
You may not hear the FB60 at all.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Maybe if you scoop the mids on the mesa a little the fireball will be able to cut through a little easier?
I've run my fireball in stereo with my Triamp, and with my K-Tre. It'll be fine, you do have to eq the two amps to mix together though instead of getting the best tone for each and trying to smash them together.
Quote by rokket2005
I've run my fireball in stereo with my Triamp, and with my K-Tre. It'll be fine, you do have to eq the two amps to mix together though instead of getting the best tone for each and trying to smash them together.

Thats a pretty good point, I'll most likely be going for it then.

The only Issue I think I'll have is the cabinet wiring. The stereo inputs on my Recto 4x12 are 4ohms. The MarkIV has 4Ohm out, but to my knowledge the fireball is 8 and 16. Anyone know anyway around this?
/rig
you might be able to rewire the cab... I'm not sure though, I pretty much failed that part of my science class

Also I've heard running stereo at gigs is a bit of a hassle for not much gain. As in you'd have to mic 2 speakers instead of just one, and it could get a bit muddy unless you have a perfect setting.
Last edited by Tedward at Jun 30, 2010,
So you plan to run both amp heads into the same cab?

Assuming all the speakers are 8 ohms each you could connect two together in parallel and have a 4 ohm load total for that half. Then run the other two speakers in series and have a 16 ohm load total for the Fireball.

wait...doesn't the Mark IV have a 4, 8 , 16 out option?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Wall-of-noise alert!!

WTB MORE ISP DECIMATORS

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So you plan to run both amp heads into the same cab?

Assuming all the speakers are 8 ohms each you could connect two together in parallel and have a 4 ohm load total for that half. Then run the other two speakers in series and have a 16 ohm load total for the Fireball.

wait...doesn't the Mark IV have a 4, 8 , 16 out option?

Yes, I want to try to run them both into the same cab. If needed, I can run the fireball into my Vader 2x12.

And yes, the Mark IV has 4, 8, and 16 out.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
WTB MORE ISP DECIMATORS

Yes, I want to try to run them both into the same cab. If needed, I can run the fireball into my Vader 2x12.

And yes, the Mark IV has 4, 8, and 16 out.
I was told by RAT amp modifications that you can't run the one into the same cabinet, since the amps needs to have a load at all times. But maybe, as 311 said, you could wire them up so that you have two inputs on the cabinet.

I think having two cabinets is better, anyway - and it's not just a matter of "the more the merrier".
Quote by AngryGoldfish

I was told by RAT amp modifications that you can't run the one into the same cabinet, since the amps needs to have a load at all times. But maybe, as 311 said, you could wire them up so that you have two inputs on the cabinet.

I think having two cabinets is better, anyway - and it's not just a matter of "the more the merrier".

The cab I want to use has 2 4Ohm inputs for stereo, but since the fireball doesn't want to play I may just use the 2x12 since I already have it.

Though, re-wiring the cab sounds like a possibility.
/rig
My opinion is if you have the extra cab then use it. It will make running the amps in stereo more appealing and should sound a hell of lot better. I'm not saying one cab will sound bad because I honestly do not have a lot of hands on experience here, but I know that sometimes running two heads into one cab can make your tone sound like mush. Depends on the amps I suppose and how you have them dialed in.