I already own a Carvin tube half stack, but I need to get a 2x12 combo amp for bedroom playing and recording. Any recommendations? I need something very simple and very cheap, I'm gonna be running my Boss GT-6 through it. Thanks!
What do you play and how much money do you to spend
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
I'm using this amp to play alot of experimental stuff using my GT-6.
I'm just looking for something without too many bells and whistles on it, im just
gonna run the GT-6 through the clean channel. Price doesn't matter, I'm just looking for the cheapest
Harley Benton G212V. Costs about £160 from thomann.de and it;s loaded with to celestion V30's.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Harley Benton G212V. Costs about £160 from thomann.de and it;s loaded with to celestion V30's.

lol wut

TS maybe a small fender...
Why not take your head and buy a nice 2x12"?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by Jak Archer

Did you even read? He wants a 2x12 COMBO AMP.

Not a cabinet.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
You don't need a 2x12 for practice or recording, considering you're only micing up one speaker if you're going to record.

Since you're using your GT-6, you could get something like a Valve Junior combo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
To Jak Archer: I'm looking for a combo amp, not a cab.

To DakoRob: No, I need the tube head for gigs.

To Raijouta: Would there be a difference in sound/quality if i get a 1x12 as opposed to a 2x12?
I would recommend a Fender Blues Junior or a Peavey Classic 30.

EDIT: I know you said 2x12, TS. But you don't need two speakers to record as has already been mentioned. Both of those amps have wonderfull clean channels, I feel that they would work for experimenting with effects and such.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Last edited by FuzzLove at Jun 30, 2010,