For those of you who don't know Louis CK, Dane Cook allegedly stole his material a while back and that got him a lot of attention. Anyway,his new show "Louie" begins tonight at 11 ET on FX. He has always been my favorite American comedian for years based on his standup, and I really have high hopes for the show. According to a critic who advance-reviewed the show, the pilot episode is mediocre but it gets amazing starting at the second episode.

He had a show called "Lucky Louie" before on HBO but it was canceled after 12 episodes; I really hope this fares better. Due to his brand of humor I figured he would be pretty popular on here, so discuss how much you like (or hate) Louis CK and your hopes for the show.

To get us started, here's a clip of his standup: Shameless
And a promotion for the show: Louis C.K.'s Last Chance
I forgot about it, but I'll watch it. Looking forward to it actually.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I watched him on comedy central today, hes a funny mother****er. Looking foward to watch his show.
This guy is the best, and when i read the title i saw the word lucky and there and i kinda thought 'what's this guy smoking, this shows been on for a while'
I'll watch it. I love Louis CK
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
His interview with Jon Stewart about this was hilarious, Im definitly watching.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
I liked the youtube clips, then downloaded a couple albums. They're excellent so far, thanks.
Probably my favourite standup ever. Tis a shame, I'm probably gonna have to wait a while to see this in the UK.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Thanks for the reminder! I meant to watch this, looks very promising!
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Gonna watch for sure, love listening when hes on Opie and Anthony
Here is my signature.
I love Louis CK. I don't get enough channels to watch his show and my internet isn't fast enough for streaming but I'll definitely catch up once I go back to university in August.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Louis CK can have my babies. Then make offensive jokes about them. That man is brilliant.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Haven't seen any of his stuff, started watching that clip you posted and liked it. I've also seen adds for the show so I'm somewhat interested. If he turns out to be funny (haven't finished watching the rest of that video) then I"ll be interested in his show. But I can't watch the show tonight because I don't get FX where I currently am. =/
I guess I'm gunna be the first to break the chain, but I don't find him funny at all. Doesn't seem to be much wit to any of his jokes, just obscure obscenities

All to their own, I suppose. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Along with Bill Hicks and George Carlin, he's one of my favourite stand ups.
I'll have to give this a look-see.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Man that second skit was tough to watch. Funny, but uncomfortable.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Man that second skit was tough to watch. Funny, but uncomfortable.

Agreed. The first skit was better.

Edit: what the hell? Where did that helicopter come from?
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by angusfan16
Agreed. The first skit was better.
Agree, but that ending was fantastic. The helicopter and the dead dog bit.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Already seeing this as a show that I am going to be watching religiously.

His humor is right up my alley.

Awkward humor is really hit or miss for most people but I just love it.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by element4433
Agree, but that ending was fantastic. The helicopter and the dead dog bit.

I can definitily say I wasn't expecting that helicopter bit. Let's see how the second episode turns out.

Oh lord starting out with dick jokes.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
I can definitily say I wasn't expecting that helicopter bit. Let's see how the second episode turns out.

Oh lord starting out with dick jokes.

'Dick jokes' turns into "City Jerks" and wearing Timberlands.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Good show. I enjoyed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Pretty good, I'll keep watching it.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
louie ck is my favorite comedian. i didnt really enjoy the pilot but i bet it gets better. maybe the fact that ive heard some of the jokes they displayed on the show in his standup before ruined it for me. like the part where hes waiting to go to the bathroom then the guy goes up and yells. and tbh i think his delivery of his jokes is what makes him funny in his standup, hopefully this show turns out good though.