Poll: Do you forgive and forget?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you forgive and forget?
Yes, eventually.
119 79%
Not really, usually hold grudges.
32 21%
Voters: 151.
Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

I had a conversation with my granny about stuff, and she says I'm rather unforgiving. Or rather, I'm quite stubborn and if people cross me I'm quite likely to hold a grudge. When she said that, I thought she was quite spot on.

For example, if people backstab me, they are pretty much on my "list", and I doubt an apology would be enough for me to remove them from said list.

So I was wondering, do you guys hold grudges or are you rather forgiving?
Yes, I am rather forgiving.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
usually i forgive, but if its something big then i probably wont
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I don't normally forgive on the spot but I'm fast to forget. My "list" only goes on for a few days, at best
I think I'm usually too forgiving...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I forgive people I like, and don't forgive people I don't like.
If it's someone that I enjoy being around, then I will forgive them over minor things. If it's someone I dislike, I probably don't spend a lot of time with them, so the time they offended me in some way becomes pretty much my only memory of them.

I guess in most cases, I forgive but don't forget. I will add that I've rarely, if ever, been deeply offended or betrayed. I've only experienced minor arguments.
On the outside, yeah. But there's always that little memo in the back of my head that says, "watch that guy..."
I hold a big nasty-ass grudge. And it can be for the smallest slights.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
I usually forgive in like 10 minutes if I care about the person. If not or if it's a major deal, it takes a few days. I rarely, if ever, hold grudges for more than a week tops.
See, I've been wondering whether there is any point in forgiving anyway, because in my experience, people don't change. So if someone has wronged you, they are likely to wrong you again.
Life is too short to be so bitter.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
I don't really hold grudges. If a friend of mine somehow manages to lose my trust (and believe me it's close to impossible), I conclude I had a wrong impression of them in the first place and move on.

I'm not going to pay attention to people who have a definition of friendship that is contradictory to mine. I wonder if not giving a damn about someone is actually worse than hating them? I mean, hate implicates some interest at least.

But yeah, it's hard to get to that point and it doesn't happen over night.
I used to be quite forgiving, I'll never make that mistake again.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Yeah, I'm forgiving, sometimes to a fault.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Zaphikh

Which is why I always forgive them as they're being lowered into the ground. I just can't wish ill upon the dearly departed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Which is why I always forgive them as they're being lowered into the ground. I just can't wish ill upon the dearly departed.

I never said it was too short to be senile.

>.>
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by sadSTATUE
Yeah, I'm forgiving, sometimes to a fault.

Quote by Zaphikh

same for me ^^
and i agree completely ^
I do i dont see the point in holding grudges im a lover not a hater
Live and let let live...just mellow out then its all good
Yes I'm very forgiving. If I'm very mad at someone, a simple apology usually makes me forgives them.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I used to be forgiving, but I'm not. I'm officially an arsehole and I'm proud of it
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
i am very very quick to forgive and forget. we all do stupid things and i would expect other ppl to forgive me. my kindness is my weakness though. i am waaaay tooooo nice and everybodyyyy tells me that.
but then again i have no enemies and im generally a happy person so i guess it works
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
I forgive way too easily. It's a serious problem.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I'm fairly quick to forgive, mostly because I realize real fast that I was just overreacting. I don't really hold grudges.
Nope. F*ck them.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Too lazy. Grudges are effort. I don't really stay angry longer than like 5 minutes.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I forgive no one. Merely for the fact that no one could ever do anything that would result in me giving out my forgiveness
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Depends what they did to lose my trust.
If was something to offend me, an apology will usually do it.

But if it's something to is morally ambigous towards or upsets one of my female friends, then i'm likely to never fully trust that person ever again.
I don't usually hold grudges, but I do learn lessons.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zaphikh

This. If someone wrongs me, i just try to brush it off and go on with my life.
Sail upon the open skies
IRL, I tend to associate people with something stupid they've done to me or my friends. Especially if some girl breaks my buddy's heart or something, she's on my shit list forever.

Online, like if some newb on here insults me, I ain't mad atcha.
Well I think that alot of people believe in forgiving others because of the whole WWJD thing. Well I am a Deist. THe point im getting at is I dont forgive because the big black book tells me to. I forgive people if I believe they are good people and even if they did something f***ed up to me. If it was because of something that would seriously cause misfortune to me or others then I forgive them.

But I don't forgive people that are a**holes for no reason. THe people that judge you, get in your way, make your life miserable just because they dont like the way you look or act. Those people don't deserve forgiveness.

Being an a** for no reason is never forgivable if its an all the time thing. I can understand if your drunk, or you had a bad day but for people who are always an a** to me and everyone around them f*** them.

Oh, as a reply to the guy above me since I am on a wii with it's crap internet functionality. When it comes to something someone has done to someone else. For example this girl broke my friend's heart. I do not hold grudges or any kind of bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't towards me, it was towards them. I put it this way. The more you are open to hating other people for stuff that wasn't even done to you the more miserable your life will be. I have an undying hatred for my ex fiance's father and her new man because he broke us up then she goes off with a guy that is 15 years older then here and forgot about em after she told me to wait til she was 18 (6 months from the time she said it). Then she denied ever saying it.

That there is an example of my hatred.
Last edited by ravenrage07 at Jun 30, 2010,
Page 1 of 2