Basically, a friend told me that they've basically had to force food down lately; she said she feels full of off basically nothing. She said she's felt bad lately, and that she thinks that not eating is the cause of it.....

She had the idea of just having set times where should would have to eat, but she didn't know what times those would be, and neither do I.... I suggested making sure to eat before really doing anything else each day, but I don't know what else to tell her.

Does anybody know anything that would help, or where I could go to get information that could help her?
In all seriousness, try cannabis.

Edit:
oh yeah, get her to see a doctor too, obviously.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
In all seriousness, try cannabis.
She's against it..... she doesn't even like that fact that I do it.
Quote by severed-metal
When they're hungry.
She doesn't have an appetite; therefore, she doesn't get hungry.

Quote by sg255
oh yeah, get her to see a doctor too, obviously.
I suggested that, but she doesn't think her dad would want to set up an appointment.
Eating small amounts throughout the day would probably be better than choking down bigger amounts at set times. It's better for most people that way, too.
Quote by herby190
She doesn't have an appetite; therefore, she doesn't get hungry.

I suggested that, but she doesn't think her dad would want to set up an appointment.

Is he a douche, and why can't she do it herself?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
Quote by D&DLover
Eating small amounts throughout the day would probably be better than choking down bigger amounts at set times. It's better for most people that way, too.

This.

Although, I have a similar problem, I can't eat more than one full meal a day without feeling sick. So really, I'm probably not the best person to listen to.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by D&DLover
That's a lot harder to maintain if you don't actually want to eat; after taking a pill that makes your appetite non-existent last Saturday, I kind of understand....
Quote by sg255
Is he a douche, and why can't she do it herself?

Dr's appointments are very expensive if your uninsured in America. Expensive enough that someone whos tight for money might say, "What, your not eating? Why do you need to see a Dr for that. Just start eating again."
Oohh, I know, get her to exercise more. Also, chill out. When I had exams just there, I was so stressed and spending all the time indoors I barely eat anything.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
The most recommended way to set up your daily nutrition is to have a large breakfast where you would consume most of the calories for the day, then a 'medium-sized' portion of food for lunch and have the least amount of food for dinner; that's as far as the 3 main meals of the day. It is recommended to have some snacks throughout the day every 2-3 hours in between meals. The amount of food for each meal or snack is completely dependent on the individual, but a person must consume at least 2,500 calories a day. So, she should figure out how to spread those 2,500 calories in her foods throughout the day. As long as she can do that and have the portions of food on her meals in the way I described she should be fine.

Edit: Also, since she says she feels full with basically nothing, she doesn't have to eat large amounts of food; she needs to eat amounts she can handle but eat foods that have plenty of calories, vitamins, etc.
Last edited by TrasherFromHell at Jun 29, 2010,
Oh my god, she's losing appetite because she's down. It happens.

I'm sure if everyone dies in your family, eating would be the last thing on your mind, too.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I would recommend eating when she feels hungry, or if she starts to feel weak. Forcing food down usually isn't good. I eat all the time, because I'm hungry all the time, but I never force food down.