I really felt as thought this topic needed a thread, because I don't see any place on the internet where it is addressed. I have a Licensed Floyd, very Jacksonish, which I assume is floating because its not recessed in the body. I plan on getting a Tremol-No to drop tune it easily, but what I want to know is, can I use the D-Tuna with this now without a problem? and more importanly, will it affect my ability to bend upwards with the bar?
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
If it's a licensed floyd, it is floating.

Here's the thing about the tremol-no and the D-Tuna:

With the d-tuna, and the tremolno, you will not be able to pull upwards in pitch any longer because the bridge is essentially going to be blocked in one direction. Essentially you have a trem akin to one on a strat if you install either one of these things, in that you can only lower the pitch of the strings.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
but the tremol-no gives me the option of non-blocking though doesn't it?
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
Yes sir it does, you can switch between the two..
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
So I'll just have to fine tune to D...thanks for the help!
Quote by Merciless_Nasty
So I'll just have to fine tune to D...thanks for the help!

you can use both.

the tremel-no lets you have full floating, dive only and locked modes

the d-tuna lets you to instantly go to drop d provided you've already set your tremel-no to dive only or locked mode.

fine tuning to d can work but only if you've got enough thread left on your fine tuners which is something you'll have to keep in mind when you first get your guitar in tune after a restring if thats how you want to do it.

i'm not sure how much the d-tuna costs but if its not that much and you intend on going drop d a lot i'd probably get both. Not sure if the d-tuna needs clearance above the body though, if your floyd is set down below the level of the body you might not be able to install a d-tuna anyway