Statement: During hot weather, sleeping without AC is a catalyst for weight loss

Poll: Hmm?
Poll Options
View poll results: Hmm?
Agree
4 8%
Meh
19 37%
Disagree
28 55%
Voters: 51.
Discuss.

EDIT: No source here. Just something I thought up and wanted to see if people agreed and/or if it makes logical sense.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Jun 29, 2010,
True, since it makes sleep impossible, and when I can't sleep for a long time, I feel too sick to eat.

3AM and wide awake... Woo.
Yep, that's a statement alright.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.

I shall sig thee for giving me one of my highest UG prestiges.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
It might make you sweat more, but if you're uncomfortable, you'll get less sleep, leading to drowsiness, higher stress levels, etc..., all of which increase the likelihood of weight gain.
fat people sweat when its like -7, so sweating to lose weight wont work, they just lay there being fat.
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
I say no. Usually in hot humid weather, I can't sleep well, and not sleeping well will lead to stress being placed on the body, which is more likely to cause weight gain.

Edit:^ what the dude 2 up from me said.
statement: during hot weather sleeping with AC is the best feeling ever
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
only thing i can think of is sweating out water weight.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Good luck sleeping... I can't sleep very well normally, and if it's hot, I can't sleep at all. Lack of sleep does the opposite of helping you lose weight. It's probably part of the reason I'm overweight.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by DKMfreak410
statement: during hot weather sleeping with AC is the best feeling ever

Hell yeah.

BUT, I could use some weight loss haha. I went for a freaking jog this morning... horrible. I can usually sleep anywhere, so I figured if I sweat when I sleep that may speed the process a bit.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
you'll lose water. so you lose weight, but not really fat, so it really wont make you thinner.

watch this from more info
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcuhi6RaZ24#t=2m13s
more importantly, check a bit further, to like 3:40 or something

EDIT:
to the guy above, if you want to lose weight permanently, you must excercise more and eat less. watch this guy's vids. they gave me and some friends, along with countless internet people good results.
hello

n.n
Last edited by BusterSword at Jun 29, 2010,
I don't know about that, but I do know that a cold room causes you to produce more body height from maintaining homeostasis and shit causing you to burn more calories.

^Beat me to it you ****.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92
I don't know about that, but I do know that a cold room causes you to produce more body height from maintaining homeostasis and shit causing you to burn more calories.

^Beat me to it you ****.

Negro, I didn't say nothing bout producin' no body height.
Man, that's the first time I've been rickrolled in a long time.

Sweating is good for you, but I don't know about significant weight loss.

Quote by In The Mist
Yeah uhm, last I checked rickrolling was a bannable offense.

Oh, let him have that one.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by In The Mist
Yeah uhm, last I checked rickrolling was a bannable offense.

Blow it out your ass, Nancy.
You actually burn more fat being cold than you do being warm. You'll lose weight from sweat, but you'll still be a little piggy.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Shouldn't it be the other way around? The cold air would take heat from your body, making it have to work harder (burn more calories) to keep itself heated.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by RU Experienced?
Good question, it can't be from all the physical labor.

or the health food they eat regularly
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']
Oh, let him have that one.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Blow it out your ass, Nancy.

I'm not saying I have a problem with it, the mods on the other hand...

Just pray no one reports you.
Quote by larrytheguitar
Discuss.

EDIT: No source here. Just something I thought up and wanted to see if people agreed and/or if it makes logical sense.

No. The only thing you're losing is bodily fluids because you'll be sweating more, and your body will replenish it's water stores as soon as you drink water. Any increase in metabolism will be very small and nowhere near enough to contribute to weight loss. You'll also be putting yourself at risk of dehydration and heat stroke, and making yourself physically ill if the heat is too much and you're not drinking enough fluids.

As others have pointed out, having the AC on would be more beneficial for weight loss because your body needs to produce more heat to warm itself. In either case, you're not going to lose weight based on whether or not you have the AC on or off.

You're better off drinking 3-4 litres of water a day and cutting out every other drink (soft drink, juice, alcohol, etc) you'd have except for a bit of milk.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Jun 30, 2010,