So right now I have a Takamine and I love it to death. But I'm a acoustic "artist" (lol) and I'm gonna need something thats acoustic electric. And I really like a warm tone to it. Also, it's kinda a issue, but i need a strap pin at the heel, I hate trying the strap to the headstock.

I'd like to keep it under $700

Here are some I've been looking at

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-110e-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514895

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Inspired-by-1964-Texan-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=581880

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Masterbilt-DR500MCE-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=423559

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-DX1E-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=517696

ANY HALPS?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Halps? Seriously dude, knock off all that crap and you're going to be getting much better results around here. This isn't the pit.

Of those 4 choices, no doubt the Epi Masterbuilt. The Martin is a DX series, meaning the wood isn't even real wood, is a pulpy grey goop pressed into wood shapes then veneered with thin wood strips over it. The other two are so-so. I've heard many good things about the Epiphone masterbuilt series. There are other guitars out there to look at that will also do you just as good. Namely Seagulls and Yamahas. If you have to have that flashy stuff, then stay away. If you want a solid performing guitar at a reasonable cost, check them out.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by LeftyDave
Halps? Seriously dude, knock off all that crap and you're going to be getting much better results around here. This isn't the pit.

Of those 4 choices, no doubt the Epi Masterbuilt. The Martin is a DX series, meaning the wood isn't even real wood, is a pulpy grey goop pressed into wood shapes then veneered with thin wood strips over it. The other two are so-so. I've heard many good things about the Epiphone masterbuilt series. There are other guitars out there to look at that will also do you just as good. Namely Seagulls and Yamahas. If you have to have that flashy stuff, then stay away. If you want a solid performing guitar at a reasonable cost, check them out.

Alright will do. And I'm just really hyper right now and in a good mood so I wrote halps.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by obeythepenguin
If you like your Takamine, you can always buy a soundhole pickup. Just a thought.

I tried that. I hated having the cable hanging down and I don't wanna drill any holes in it
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
i don't like masterbilts, but it's probably the warmest sound on your list. it's also the only all-solid guitar, which is a big plus.

or you could just get aftermarket electronics and add them to your existing guitar.
Quote by patticake
i don't like masterbilts, but it's probably the warmest sound on your list. it's also the only all-solid guitar, which is a big plus.

or you could just get aftermarket electronics and add them to your existing guitar.

I know but I really dont wanna drill into my Takamine
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by zeminion
I know but I really dont wanna drill into my Takamine

So you'd rather replace it with a guitar that someone else has already drilled into?

Buy an LR Baggs M1 pickup and hang the cable out of the soundhole. I've done it for years with no trouble.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Jul 1, 2010,
For me the $700 price range is kind of a funky niche. It works for used guitars but not so much for new ones.

To me there is a big jump in quality at $300 and not another significant jump in quality until $1000. You already have a decent guitar, save a few hundred dollars and get a guitar that will inspire and motivate you. You should be looking for an all solid wood guitar with superior bracing techniques.

I would try to find a used (or save a little for a new) Martin DC-15E. I think that has a nice warm sound.
i find a big jump around $600, but that's for regular acoustics, not acoustic electrics. that's the price where you can get an all solid blueridge, recording king or mahogany guild GAD. then a little over $700 is the all solid yamaha L series.

going used might open up some pretty good guitars at $700 or under.

Quote by DiverseTaste
For me the $700 price range is kind of a funky niche. It works for used guitars but not so much for new ones.

To me there is a big jump in quality at $300 and not another significant jump in quality until $1000. You already have a decent guitar, save a few hundred dollars and get a guitar that will inspire and motivate you. You should be looking for an all solid wood guitar with superior bracing techniques.

I would try to find a used (or save a little for a new) Martin DC-15E. I think that has a nice warm sound.