They both seem good, havent played with the digitech though, and theres a huge price difference too. Like 50$, and thats alot for me. inputs?
MXR Phase 90

/thread.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
I want either the boss ph3(over 100) or digitec hyperphaser(60-70)
the question Is what's better

my budget is as low as possible
I want used to save money
I like having all the options of " Eq-ing" the phase
Well, neither of those phasers are good at all. I highly reccommend you save some money to get a decent phaser.

Some good ones include:

Homebrew Electronic Psilocybe $172
Malekko Analog Phaser $120
MXR CSP 101cl custom shop script phase 90 $99
Retro Sonic Phaser $175

I highly reccommend the MXR phase 90, it only has one knob, but that is all you really need.
Last edited by bogg808 at Jun 30, 2010,
I don't like the phase 90 at all. I prefertje boss one but I never tried the digitech
just because a certain pedal is your favorite doesnt mean the thread should be closed.
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
4ms Phaseur Moire CV
mad professor tiny orange phaser
Effectrode Phaseomatic Deluxe Phaser Pedal
Cusack Tap-a-Phase
GNI Phaser Flanger
Maxon PH-350 Rotary Phaser Pedal
Maxon PT-9 Pro Plus Phaser Pedal
Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser
Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser
Tortuga Effects Standard Issue Phaser
Mutron Bi-phase
Moogerfooger Phaser MF-103

Here is a list of good phasers.
the boss ph3 is far superior. also, it doesn't sound as natural as a PHase 90 but is infinitely more versatile.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Don't limit yourself to 2 horrible phasers.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I'm not looking for rude responses. I don't think the boss one sucks at all I think the mxr 90 sucks, and I know there are people that will dissagree. I'm looking for constructive input
Allright then, what don't you like about the MXR Phase 90?

The reason why I dislike the Boss Phaser, is that there is too much of the effect for me. Its not subtle. And because its digital, it does the same algorithm for each phase sweep which makes me feel 'i've been through this before', whereas the phase 90 and a lot of others which are analog have a more natural sound that the harshness of the current boss and digitech phasers. I much prefer the subtlety of the analog phasers as it add dimension to the sound instead of taking over the whole sound.
Quote by Katsock
I'm not looking for rude responses. I don't think the boss one sucks at all I think the mxr 90 sucks, and I know there are people that will dissagree. I'm looking for constructive input

How is it rude? We're not insulting you. Our constructive input is to get your mind off of those pedals, because they are mediocre at best. Head for open waters.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I just don't like the phaser 90, it's too subtle for me, and only has speed, I did not fe to check the other one(mxr phase 100 I believe) because it wasn't available. I played with it forawhile. I personally don't have a problem(as of yet) with boss one. It does take over the sound but while playing with it a got it to at least sound like it didn't take over the sound. I've heard other people use it and it was very subtle. I don't know the difference between analog and digital(when it comes to phasers and such). And I'm trying to spend a little as possible. And about the rude thing, it sounded insulting the way you said not to limit to two horrible pedals. It was like insulting me, but whatever, it's in the past and doesn't matter anymore. Why are they mediocre when I hear such great things about them
Quote by nightraven

and not once in this thread has the most iconic budget phaser pedals been mentioned,
the only phaser that i can stand,
ELECTRO HARMONIX SMALL STONE
you can pick them up for $50 used and they sound fantastic

Nick nailed it TS, the Small Stone is very good, the two you mentioned sound too much "artificial"
I like the MXR block logo Phase 90 the best.

However...... a good Uni-Vibe is even cooler!

I recently got an Dunlop UV-1 and I love it! Really lush swirly 3-D phase-y sounds like Robin Trower or Hendrix.
EHX Small Stones are cheap, and really great. I love mine.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I owned the Boss phaser. There was a noticable signal drop while it was engaged, and when the effect was turned on and off it cut in and out.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by nightraven
hmm
TS is interested in cheapo boss and digitech pedals
at what point in this thread did you think TS would have the money for hard to find boutique pedals and $1000+ mutron biphases? besides it looks like you just copy pasted that list of phasers from proguitarshop.com's catalogue and then added a couple of famously expensive ones here and there.

and not once in this thread has the most iconic budget phaser pedals been mentioned,
the only phaser that i can stand,
ELECTRO HARMONIX SMALL STONE
you can pick them up for $50 used and they sound fantastic

That and the MXR Phase100 are pretty good, although keep your distance from the Nano series, they don't really sound all that good to my ears
i have ssen the small stone but never tried it. I havent had problems or heard anywith the boss one, besides the signal drop, so i guess ill try out the small stone next
Quote by Katsock
how much? i like it, from the video that is

It's something like 80 bucks, but you can find one used for like 50 bucks
Could the small stone emulate the "4" setting on the boss, and the up, and down part of it?