Page 1 of 4
Can we get a thread dedicated to the GTA games going? I couldn't find one.

I have no problem with the Red Dead games being discussed here too, but most say they are not related at all.
Quote by stratdud39
nope, gaming thread.

there's a pokemon thread, why not a GTA thread?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by stratdud39
nope, gaming thread.

To be fair, the gaming thread is terrible.

Also, Final Fantasy thread and Pokemon thread. There is probably some other game thread I'm forgetting too.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I've played the GTA on the PSP and I liked killing hookers

But that was the extent of my playing. I got bored after a while
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I wonder when they will make a new Grand Theft Auto because it has been awhile.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by fearofthemark
there's a pokemon thread, why not a GTA thread?

Pokemon is also a TV show and a trading card game.
Quote by RockGuitar92

GTA IV's expansion packs just got released recently in Europe and the PAL region, so I'd consider that a bad sign. Although, there have been rumors that in the next game you will play as Packie McReary in a new San Andreas.
what evs
GTA/Rockstar thread it is, I guess.
RDR's a pretty good game but i think it's a tad overrated. The online quick matches are kind of weird. I dont think a sandbox shooter is suitable for team death match and the like.
Quote by RawPower218
GTA IV's expansion packs just got released recently in Europe and the PAL region, so I'd consider that a bad sign. Although, there have been rumors that in the next game you will play as Packie McReary in a new San Andreas.

That would be so awesome. Packie is the shit.
Quote by tyler1994
gay tony was amazing

Was he in what way?
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by stratdud39
what evs
GTA/Rockstar thread it is, I guess.
RDR's a pretty good game but i think it's a tad overrated. The online quick matches are kind of weird. I dont think a sandbox shooter is suitable for team death match and the like.

I'm playing RDR right now. It's pretty good, but the horses are confusing and hard to get used to. The economic system is also terrible.
Quote by RawPower218

Their depiction of Irish people is ridiculously offensive, I sincerely hope not.
Quote by UraniYum
Their depiction of Irish people is ridiculously offensive, I sincerely hope not.

As an Irish-American, I have to say it's kind of funny.
Quote by TheChaz

You and I both know that the pokemon thread discusses neither the TV show nor the trading card game. Stop being ridiculous.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by RockGuitar92

Dude, I know. I hope the next one takes place in San Andreas rather than Liberty City. San Andreas is hella' fun and it seems theres more places to explore in San Andreas.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by RockGuitar92
To be fair, the gaming thread is terrible

+200

I recently picked up Red Dead Redemption. It's pretty damn good. Really good story, but it was kind of short.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by crazy8rgood
San Andreas > All

I agree. I wanted to be a gangsta after playing that. I began listening to so much gangsta rap because of it.

The GTA series is good, but I think the best rockstar game is The Warriors.
I actually have several criticisms with RDR.

-As I said, the economic system is horrible.
-The friend side missions start out of nowhere. One second I am riding a hose into town. The next second I am getting shot at by bandits with no time to react.
-Do the guns automatically lock on to targets? I can't tell.
-THOSE ****ING COYOTES

I'm sure I have a few more I am forgetting. It's still a good game, though.
Quote by TheChaz
You could also go out and shoot a hooker in the face with a 12 gauge and steal cars, and shit. This thread doesn't necessarily have to be about the video game.

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by RawPower218

-The friend side missions start out of nowhere. One second I am riding a hose into town. The next second I am getting shot at by bandits with no time to react.
-THOSE ****ING COYOTES

Uhhh.. dude, GTA thread.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Vice City is the best GTA and will always hold a special place in my heart

I don't get the hate for the Gaming Thread though

Quote by CicatrizESP
The GTA series is good, but I think the best rockstar game is The Warriors.

YES. One of my favourite PS2 games
Quote by Obama FTW
Uhhh.. dude, GTA thread.

TS said it was fine to discuss RDR.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
TS said it was fine to discuss RDR.

Quote by stratdud39
...did you read TS's first post...?

My bad my bad.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by tyler1994
who wants some hot coffe

When the news of that first broke, they showed it on the local news here. They talked about the mod, and the game being re-rated from M to AO. My mom was like "Do you have that game?". I was like "um...no.".

Good times.
Quote by RawPower218

-THOSE ****ING COYOTES

Guns lock on with L2 on PS3 and left trigger for xbox. It kind of takes away from the skill of a shooting game, i think. Also SPOILER ALERT, doesn't he just get lit up at the end of the story?SPOILER ALERT
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by stratdud39
Guns lock on with L2 on PS3 and left trigger for xbox. It kind of takes away from the skill of a shooting game, i think. Also, doesn't he just get lit up at the end of the story?

Way to ruin the ending for people who want to play/are currently playing it.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by RawPower218
As an Irish-American, I have to say it's kind of funny.

I'm an Irishman myself. I can understand why Americans would make Irish jokes, it's their only reaction to immigration. But I do think the way they depicted Irish men was not in any way clever. They thought it out caveman style, Irish=booze=violence=begosh and begorrah, why are the wimmin ginger.

Ah, I'm no political activist, but if you depicted a black fella as a mugger, you'd be offending black people. If you depicted a jewish fella as having a big nose, you'd be offending them.

Christ, don't get me going on politics, I love RD:R. Didn't mind GTA:IV, but it lacked the something that made GTA:SA great.
I have fond memories of GTA 3 and 4. mostly of me and my cousin spending hours seeing who could get the most stars / staying alive the longest. The only one I actually played through the story mode on was San Andreas, and I didn't get very far in the game since I just borrowed it from a friend.
Quote by UraniYum

Christ, don't get me going on politics, I love RD:R. Didn't mind GTA:IV, but it lacked the something that made GTA:SA great.

That would be the ability to fly planes, my good sir.
Page 1 of 4