ok so i got a power cable that looked like it fit into my boss ds-1 nd when i turned on the pedal with the power cable plugged into the wall it started smoking out of the input and output. i unplugged it nd now it works but it is really quiet when i turn it on and play my guitar. is it fix able? idk if i explained that good...
Quote by dude123456789
ok so i got a power cable that looked like it fit into my boss ds-1 nd when i turned on the pedal with the power cable plugged into the wall it started smoking out of the input and output. i unplugged it nd now it works but it is really quiet when i turn it on and play my guitar. is it fix able? idk if i explained that good...

You should always check power supplies to make sure they are negative center polarity when using Boss pedals. More then likely it damaged part of the power output.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Sounds like you used a AC 9v power when you need DC. you probably fried it.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Was it a boss power pack, or just a random one you bought? For that pedal, you'd need a 9V DC pack, with negative pin in the middle, as said.

In relation to the pedal, you'll have to open it up to see if you have blown many components. If you can find the ones that are blown, they should be replaceable. You could do it yourself if you know about electronics, or if not, a good guitar tech should be in the know about it.
Considering the effort you'd likely have to put in to fix it, you might as well just buy a new one.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.