Hello all, can you please confirm if it is possible to install OFR on the place of the Edge Pro tremolo of my Ibanez RG1570 without any routing? I am not replacing it now cause I know Edge Pro is a great trem. But since Edge Pro is discontinued so I want to be assured that I can install OFR in future if the trem disturbs due to heavy use. Thanks a lot.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
Hello all, can you please confirm if it is possible to install OFR on the place of the Edge Pro tremolo of my Ibanez RG1570 without any routing? I am not replacing it now cause I know Edge Pro is a great trem. But since Edge Pro is discontinued so I want to be assured that I can install OFR in future if the trem disturbs due to heavy use. Thanks a lot.

No it is not a direct replacement at all. However you are worrying over nothing unless your worried about things 20 years down the road. That Edge Pro is gonna last you quite a long time.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Hmm so I am dead... I have horrible experiances with edge III....
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by metalter

Then sell your damn guitar and buy one with a OFR

can't you fucking read? that guy clearly explained that they hold up very well for about 20 years..

I personally prefer the edge pro over the OFR,and when it comes to build quality and how wel they hold up,both are pretty much equal

and BTW edge III is not an edge PRo
i don't know what shipping and taxes would be for a purchase in bangladesh, but ibanez rules in the USA normally sells a fair amount of Ibanez parts, so it might be worth a look if your trem does die. I think thomann in germany also sells the edge pro.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't know what shipping and taxes would be for a purchase in bangladesh, but ibanez rules in the USA normally sells a fair amount of Ibanez parts, so it might be worth a look if your trem does die. I think thomann in germany also sells the edge pro.

even so,an edge pro is gonna cost him a lot ...its 275$ in US itself..imagine shipping + taxes..
yeah they aren't cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
but I honestly dont believe thats its gonna wear out in another decade,unless of course you're herman li or steve vai :p
yeah, with any luck it shouldn't. just you might as well know where to get them should anything go wrong.

even your local ibanez dealer should be able to get them, that would be worth considering too, in case it's cheaper.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, with any luck it shouldn't. just you might as well know where to get them should anything go wrong.

even your local ibanez dealer should be able to get them, that would be worth considering too, in case it's cheaper.

well actually,you dont need to buy a whole new trem if your knife edgse wear out,ibanez edge pro trems have replaceable knife edges

so just buy a set of knife edges now in case if your trem wears out(probably in another 10-20 years)
ah yeah, that's a very good point. that would be the thing to do, definitely (assuming it's the knife edges which have worn out).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Edge Pro is at least as good as the OFR... I would even say it's a downgrade to switch it out.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
ahh thanks a lot guys. I also got reviews and peoples comment on edge pro that it's equal if not better than OFR. Did not know that set of knife edges can be bought separately cause I was worried about my knife edges which I heard wears out. I am really loving my guitar and the trem, but after my experiences with the edge III was so much frustrated that I decided to buy a schecter fixed bridge hellraiser. But now I think I have taken the right decision.
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
stop worrying about it there are still parts available for ibbys that are over 20 years old, just because they discontinue them doesn`t mean they destroy existing stock, there`ll be 1000s of edge pros lying in a area at the back of a warehouse for many years to come.
Quote by metalter

but you don't HAVE an Edge III, you have an Edge Pro.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com