So I saw that Hurricane Alex is coming through the Atlantic today, so it got me thinking...

With all of the oil in the Gulf right now, what would happen if a huge hurricane were to tear through the Gulf again. What would happen with all the oil? Would nothing happen? Im just a bit curious...Your thoughts?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
IT would be just as if Captain Planet came to clean up. All of the oil would just blow away.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

It would start raining oil.

RAINING OIIIIIIIIIIL, FROM A CONTAMINATED SKYYYYYYYYYY. BLEEDING IT'S HORROR, CREATING MY STRUCTURE NOW I SHALL REIGN IN OOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!

*squeadlies*
Nearly all of it would wash ashore.

I... think?
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
You might say it would be a "sticky" situation?

Amirite?

On the bright side, you wouldn't need a slip n slide for a long time after.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by Pedalboard
Nearly all of it would wash ashore.

I... think?

Wouldnt this be somewhat good?

BTW... Alter Bridge!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by phlip999
It would start raining oil.

RAINING OIIIIIIIIIIL, FROM A CONTAMINATED SKYYYYYYYYYY. BLEEDING IT'S HORROR, CREATING MY STRUCTURE NOW I SHALL REIGN IN OOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!

*squeadlies*

****ing kick ass^^^^
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
it all depends on how big and where the hurricane wen tin the gulf. they were talking about this on the news, i think they said some of it would be washed out back into the ocean again, everything else would go onto the shore and some would rain.
Hurricane Alex is in the Gulf...
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
well, there would be a giant oily hurricane that would be eventually ignited by a lightning strike, which would become a firey maelstrom of death. it would also be self sustaining, as hurricanes are fueled by warm water, and fire tends to warm things, so it would essentially ravage everything it comes in contact with until all the oil is burned up, leaving the sky laden with smoke. so deep purple/"RU Experienced?" were right: there'd be smoke on the water and fire in the sky :P
peace, bucketslasher
Quote by rickyj
it all depends on how big and where the hurricane wen tin the gulf. they were talking about this on the news, i think they said some of it would be washed out back into the ocean again, everything else would go onto the shore and some would rain.

I don't think the rain part is possible? Wouldn't oil be too heavy to be transported in a water molecule? Or something of that sort.

This is just a guess, somebody can prove me wrong if they want.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
I don't think the rain part is possible? Wouldn't oil be too heavy to be transported in a water molecule? Or something of that sort.

This is just a guess, somebody can prove me wrong if they want.

I would think the winds would blow the oil ashore more than it actually attaching to raindrops.
Quote by element4433
Hurricane Alex is in the Gulf...

Woops, sorry, in the other direction...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!