Page 1 of 2
So I know this thread will get crushed, but no BS I plugged in my Schecter Acoustic/Electric into my MG10KK and it really freakin sounded good. Now it sucks with my other true electric's, but it sounded really really good both clean and even with the OD kicked on with the Acoustic. So know I have a good little Acoustic amp.
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Smells like Troll.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
buy a tube amp and use that then compare the tone and i garrantee that you will not say the MG

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by pwrmax
But you're not making use of the awesome crushing overdrive!

Re-read! He is using the crushing overdrive!!!

...With his acoustic...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by iceh88
buy a tube amp and use that then compare the tone and i garrantee that you will not say the MG

got one coming
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
look I know the MG is garbage, and I knew this thread would get crushed, but for what it is and for the new use I found for it, it actually does sound good. Im not trying to throw pedals on it, gig with it, or want to know why is sounds like poop with my electric guitars. I am quite sure a really good tube amp or acoustic amp would sound much better, but why buy one for that purpose if it will just be used at home.
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Quote by SLonergan
Smells like Troll.

And no I am not a troll, Thank You!
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
You need bandit tone.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by 1ArmyGuitar
look I know the MG is garbage, and I knew this thread would get crushed, but for what it is and for the new use I found for it, it actually does sound good.
lolol.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by CL/\SH
You need bandit tone.

Ive seen that vid, Chappers actually made it sound good
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Quote by CL/\SH
You need bandit tone.

I've always thought the toanz in that video were pretty mediocre. Granted, it's an improvement over previous offerings but the cleans are flat and sterile and the OD has that same compressed, over saturated sound with less buzz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
but what is the point of sharing? you are a dude that likes something that most people don't like... in a special condition... for most likely a particular tone...

i use my mini fender tonemaster to practice in hotels, and it can get a tone that is kinda cool... when i play my strat... with the coil tap engaged on my bridge pickup... with the amp laying face up on the bed...

but why share if you know it's gonna 'get crushed' and you know it is fairly worthless information? we know the amp is no good. when i was 17 i wasted my good hard earned money on a VS15 that was crap, and my friends dad got a huge VS combo and it was garbage. sure you can use a clean and a slightly crunchy tone for some things, but the amp lacks all the versatility and range needed to be considered any good.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 30, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
I've always thought the toanz in that video were pretty mediocre. Granted, it's an improvement over previous offerings but the cleans are flat and sterile and the OD has that same compressed, over saturated sound with less buzz.

I was only hoping someone would give me a lolstack or something. But alas, I have failed
Theres the really old MGs at my practice space, I get good sound out of them. I don't know why everyone hating...
You and your bandwagons.
I think its MG100dfx
..I was watching my death.
Hang on. You only use it at home? You plug in your acoustic at home? But . it's acoustic, which means you can hear it without the sacred electricity. Are you trying to piss off a neighbour? If so I can fully understand. It always makes me laugh when neighbours try to have a noise war with a muso.
"I see your 25W hifi system and raise you a cranked JCM900 through a 1000W PA"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
We do that at my friend's house. He's got a wall of JCM800s he keeps in his garage that we crank the **** up when his neighbors complain about how his DSL401 is too loud and they can't hear their stereos. Rich people just like teh drama.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I had a neighbour try to wake us with a boombox in her window pointed at my house which was about 8 ft away. We actually were still up, coming down from the night before. Well, we had the entire band set up for practice, full PA, drums and all. Needless to say, she was woken up in grand fashion the next morning.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

Normal people and their low tolerance of loud noises. I do have a pop punk band living next to my dad's house that makes me angry when I stay there. They're 14 or 15 year old kids that just sound awful but like to turn their volume way up late at night. Kind of makes me lol though, especially the epic toanz coming out of their MGs and Spiders.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Well I think my neighbour thought she had heard how loud we sounded. Little did she know how considerate we'd been. Once you get the drums miked you can enter a whole new world of mass destruction. Shit falls off shelves and breaks, windows rattle ......... total mayhem when you crank a PA in a domestic dwelling. I would have paid heaps to have had a camera in her bedroom.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Hang on. You only use it at home? You plug in your acoustic at home? But . it's acoustic, which means you can hear it without the sacred electricity. Are you trying to piss off a neighbour? If so I can fully understand. It always makes me laugh when neighbours try to have a noise war with a muso.
"I see your 25W hifi system and raise you a cranked JCM900 through a 1000W PA"

Yeah just at home and its not an everyday thing, and I actually did it out of boredom only to find out it really did sound good for the intended purpose.
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
lolZ at all the stories

My band once had practice next to a family who had cars all up and down the street. Little did we know, they were having a funeral service, not watching the Lakers game

another time, my neighbor started running his dirtbikes up and down the street, purely for annoyance. After about 15 minutes of nonstop irritation, I plugged in, cranked to 9, and ripped through the window for like 4 hours straight at their house, nonstop shredding and mindless jamming
Now i feel guilty for plugging my acoustic into my 300 watt PA at home on monday
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by CL/\SH
another time, my neighbor started running his dirtbikes up and down the street, purely for annoyance. After about 15 minutes of nonstop irritation, I plugged in, cranked to 9, and ripped through the window for like 4 hours straight at their house, nonstop shredding and mindless jamming

You have a childish neighbor
I love pranking people in the morning with my amp. Sleep over with a friend that plays music and bring the amp. Next morning, get someone in on it and have them hold the speaker in front of their face while they sleep. Then crank the sucker and shred. Back To The Future all over again.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Jun 30, 2010,
Yes, you honestly have no idea how childish my neighbor is. Serious. Cereal.

Quote by NosralTserrof

There's your lol stack. I ****ing love that guy

Victory is mine!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Trollism is illegal 'round these here parts.

*Reported*

Who was trolling
Quote by CL/\SH
Who was trolling

Saying "The MG can sound good" when the vast majority of users on here don't like them is a prime example of trolling.

Posting anything that will most likely lead to flamming and arguing is considered trolling.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Saying "The MG can sound good" when the vast majority of users on here don't like them is a prime example of trolling.

Posting anything that will most likely lead to flamming and arguing is considered trolling.

People getting all upset because someone likes an amp they dislike isn't OPs fault really is it?
Well in honesty it hasn't led to either flaming or arguing (and I was the first to suspect trolling), it led to amusing stories about sonic revenge.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Plus what the good sir above me said.

Quote by i_am_metalhead

TS provided a valid arguement for why he liked the MG, and was only trying to point out that it's not that bad and he used it for a decent acoustic amp. He had no intent of trolling, from my perspective. So, I am still
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Trollism is illegal 'round these here parts.

*Reported*

FAIL
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Page 1 of 2